Israeli President Shimon Peres this weekend hinted of a possible coming strike against Iranian nuclear and military sites. According to a report in the Jerusalem Post, Peres said he hoped President Obama’s call for dialogue with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad would be heeded, but warned that if such talks don’t soften the Iranian president’s approach, “we’ll strike him.” The comments come on the heels of Benjamin Netanyahu being sworn in as Israel’s new Prime Minister and assembling a war cabinet to prepare for possible eventualities with Iran, Hezbollah and Hamas.
As tensions between Radical Islam and Israel continue to grow, my Joshua Fund colleagues and I remain committed to educating Christians around the world to the threats facing the Jewish people and mobilizing believers to pray for Israel and stand with Israel, come what may. We are also deeply committed to blessing the poor and needy in Israel, blessing victims of war and terrorism, and stockpiling relief supplies ahead of any coming war. Today, I’m flying to Colorado Springs to have dinner with Dr. James Dobson and his wife, Shirley. We will discuss these critical issues and then tape a radio broadcast on Tuesday to help educate millions of Christians to the importance of showing unconditional love and unwavering support to Israel, as well as strengthening the Church inside the Muslim world. I will let you know when the broadcast will be aired.
Over the next few months, my team and I will be traveling extensively to keep building this global movement of evangelical Christians committed to blessing Israel. I will be sharing the work of The Joshua Fund as well discussing the research I did for Inside The Revolution (currently in its fourth week on the New York Times best-seller list at #17). Here’s a quick update on some of the public events we’ll be doing.
Tomorrow, I will be at the Focus on the Family headquarters doing a late afternoon booksigning. Other upcoming public events include Edmonton, Canada; Branson, Missouri; Washington, D.C.; a possible trip to Israel; Syracuse, New York; and San Diego, California. This summer, I’ll be speaking at several churches in Colorado and will post details on those events when we get a little closer. I hope you can join us at one of these events, and I’d be grateful for your prayers along the way. God bless you.
Tuesday, April 14 — COLORADO SPRINGS
- Tape radio broadcast with Dr. Dobson on Inside The Revolution and the work of The Joshua Fund
- Meetings at Focus on the Family
- 4:00pm — Radio interview on KGFT, a local Colorado Springs station
- 5:00pm to 6:30pm — Book signing at Focus on the Family’s bookstore
Saturday/Sunday, April 18-19 — EDMONTON, CANADA
- 6:30pm Saturday — Speak at Beulah Alliance Church
- 9:30am and 11:15am — Speak at Beulah Alliance Church
Friday/Saturday, April 24-25 — BRANSON, MISSOURI
- Speak and take questions during several sessions at the Worldview Weekend with Kay Arthur, Dr. Michael Youssef and Dr. David Reagan
Friday, May 1 — WASHINGTON, D.C.
- 7:30pm — Speak and take questions at McLean Bible Church (free and open to the public, but registration required)
May 2-7 — POSSIBLE TRIP TO ISRAEL (TBD)
Saturday, May 16 — SYRACUSE, NEW YORK
- 5:30pm — Speak at a fund-raising banquet for the ministry of Dr. T.E. Koshy, chairman of The Joshua Fund’s pastoral advisory council
Saturday/Sunday, May 30-31 — SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA
- 5:00pm Saturday — Speak at Shadow Mountain Community Church with Dr. David Jeremiah
- 9:00am and 10:45am — Speak at Shadow Mountain Community Church
- 6:00pm — Q&A session at the Summer Evening Bible Conference, Shadow Mountain Community Church