(Jerusalem, Israel) — In a dramatic presentation that seemed ripped out of an international political thriller but was actually broadcast live to the nation of Israel in prime time this evening, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu unveiled a major coup by Israeli intelligence services.
The Mossad, Israel’s foreign spy agency, has stolen thousands of top secret Iranian documents proving conclusively Iranian leaders are lying when they say they have no intention of building nuclear weapons.
“A few weeks ago, in a great intelligence achievement, Israel obtained half a ton of the material inside these [previously secret Iranian] vaults,” he noted. “And here’s what we got. Fifty-five thousand pages. Another 55,000 files on 183 CDs.”
All of the material — some 100,000 documents, plus photos, blueprints and videos from inside Iran’s clandestine nuclear weapons program — are highly classified Iranian documents that “the world has never seen before,” Netanyahu said in a speech given first in English and concluded in Hebrew.
The materials provides “new and conclusive proof of the secret nuclear weapons program that Iran has been hiding for years from the international community in its secret atomic archive.”
Netanyahu explained that all of the material has been shared with — and verified by — the U.S. government, and will soon be shared with the IAEA, the U.N.’s nuclear watchdog agency, and with other governments. [UPDATE: U.S. Confirms Authenticity of Secret Iran Nuclear Docs, Officials See Game Over for Deal — Trump administration officials praise Netanyahu’s ‘powerful presentation’]
“What I’ve shown you tonight is just a fraction of the total material that we have. But even from this sample, you can draw four main conclusions,” Netanyahu said.
- First, Iran lied about never having a nuclear weapons program. 100,000 secret files prove that they lied.
- Second, even after the deal, Iran continued to preserve and expand its nuclear weapons know-how for future use. Why would a terrorist regime hide and meticulously catalogue its secret nuclear files, if not to use them at a later date.
- Third, Iran lied again in 2015, when it didn’t come clean to the IAEA, as required by the nuclear deal.
- And finally, the Iran deal, the nuclear deal, is based on lies. It’s based on Iranian lies and Iranian deception. 100,000 files right here prove that they lied.”
“So here’s the bottom line,” Netanyahu noted. “Iran continues to lie. Just last week, [Iranian Foreign Minister Javad] Zarif said this : ‘We never wanted to produce a bomb.’ Again [repeats video clip]: ‘We never wanted to produce a bomb.’ Yes you did. Yes you do. And the atomic archive proves it.”
Netanyahu argued that nuclear deal negotiated and championed by President Obama and other world leaders gave Iran “a clear pass to an atomic arsenal.”
“It does so because it gives them the three components that are necessary to produce this arsenal,” he said. “First, unlimited enrichment in a few years. And they plan to do that. They plan to have several hundred thousand advanced centrifuges with which they can enrich mountains of uranium for that core that I showed you before. For many, many such cores. Second, it completely fails to address Iran’s continued development of ballistic missiles. And third, and this is new, it completely fails to address Iran’s secret nuclear bomb program and its advanced work on weaponization. We just did.”
“So this is a terrible deal,” Netanyahu concluded. “It should never have been concluded. And in a few days’ time, President Trump will decide, will make a decision on what to do with the nuclear deal. I’m sure he’ll do the right thing. The right thing for the United States, the right thing for Israel and the right thing for the peace of the world.”
TEXT & VIDEO
- Full Text of Israeli Prime Minister’s televised address (Prime Minister’s Office)
- Full Video of PM Netanyahu’s television presentation (Times of Israel/You Tube)
BREAKING PRESS COVERAGE & ANALYSIS
- “Iran Lied”: Netanyahu drops a Mossad bombshell on the Iranian nuclear deal (David Horovitz, Times of Israel)
- ‘Iran did not come clean on its nuclear program,’ Netanyahu says, saying more than 100,000 Iranian documents Israel obtained prove nuclear ‘deal is based on lies.’ Speech comes on heels of strike against two bases in Syria and ahead of Trump’s decision on nuclear deal (Haaretz)
- Iranians killed in alleged Israeli strike on military site in Syria (Jerusalem Post)
- Mysterious missile strikes hit bases in Syria — Between 26 and 40 people killed and up to 58 wounded in strikes on suspected Iranian bases in Hama and Aleppo, reports say • Hezbollah blames Israel while Syrian media outlets say U.S. and U.K. behind attacks • Some Syrian rebel forces also claim attacks (Israel Hayom)
- To order a copy of The Kremlin Conspiracy — now available in hardcover, e-book and audio formats — please click here, or order from any of your favorite general market or Christian bookstores.
- To order copies of the new mass market paperbacks of the J.B. Collins novels — my most recent trilogy of novels about ISIS plotting attacks on the U.S., Israel, Jordan and Egypt — please click here.
- Learn all about The Joshua Fund’s Holy Land tour in July and the 2018 Epicenter Prayer Summit in Jerusalem — come meet Israelis and Palestinians and pray for the peace of Jerusalem and the region!
- Would you like to make a secure, tax deductible investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.com)? This is the non-profit organization that my wife, Lynn, and I founded in 2006 to educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, to care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, care for Syrian and Iraqi refugees, and strengthen the Church in the epicenter. The Joshua Fund is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Please click here to learn more. Thanks so much!