(Jerusalem, Israel) — The news is just breaking here that Prime Minister Netanyahu will speak live to the nation in a televised address at 8pm local time (1pm Eastern).
At this hour, the PM is meeting with his Security Cabinet.
What we’re hearing so far is that the PM will discuss new intelligence Israel has obtained about Iran’s nuclear program and new plots Iran is developing against the State of Israel.
The speech comes at a moment of high tension in the region.
- The Syrian regime continues using chemical weapons against its own people, despite the fact Russian President Putin and then US-President Barack Obama assured us all chemical weapons had been removed from Syria.
- Russia and Iran continue to consolidate their military positions in Syria, and to prop up the Assad regime to keep the dictator in power.
- Both the U.S. and Israel have launched air strikes against the Syrian regime and Iranian forces and assets in Syria in recent days and weeks.
- A massive attack at Iranian base near Damascus occurred overnight, though there are conflicting reports as to whether the U.S. or Israel was responsible.
- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, just days into his new job, has been crisscrossing the region this week — first visiting the King and Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, then coming to Israel to meet with Netanyahu, and today meeting with both Jordan’s King Abdullah II and the Jordanian Foreign Minister.
- At the top of Pompeo’s private agenda — and his public remarks — has been the seriousness of the Iranian threat to the U.S. and our allies in the region.
- Next month, President Trump faces a deadline to either fix or scrap the Iran nuclear deal.
Developing — check back here and my Twitter feed for updates.
Please pray for the peace of Jerusalem, and for the peace and security of everyone in the region.
- To order a copy of The Kremlin Conspiracy — now available in hardcover, e-book and audio formats — please click here, or order from any of your favorite general market or Christian bookstores.
- To order copies of the new mass market paperbacks of the J.B. Collins novels — my most recent trilogy of novels about ISIS plotting attacks on the U.S., Israel, Jordan and Egypt — please click here.
- Learn all about The Joshua Fund’s Holy Land tour in July and the 2018 Epicenter Prayer Summit in Jerusalem — come meet Israelis and Palestinians and pray for the peace of Jerusalem and the region!
- Would you like to make a secure, tax deductible investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.com)? This is the non-profit organization that my wife, Lynn, and I founded in 2006 to educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, to care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, care for Syrian and Iraqi refugees, and strengthen the Church in the epicenter. The Joshua Fund is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Please click here to learn more. Thanks so much!