Mysterious, severe computer virus hits Iran’s nuclear power plant
I’m a supporter of the international “Day of Prayer for the Peace of Jerusalem,” and I hope you will be, too. Please ask your pastor to set aside Sunday, October 3, to encourage his congregation in prayer (and perhaps fasting). For details, please click here.
A few immediate prayer requests:
- Please pray for the salvation of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Ayatollah Khamenei and all of the Iranian leadership, pray that they turn away from their desire to annihilate Israel and conquer Jerusalem, pray and that they found find true forgiveness through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, not in the promise of the Twelfth Imam.
- Please pray that the Lord would give Prime Minister Netanyahu and his advisors wisdom and discernment on how to proceed with the peace talks concerning Jerusalem, without compromising on their principles.
- Please pray that Netanyahu would do nothing to divide Jerusalem.
- Please pray for the peace of Jerusalem during these tense days.
- Please pray for IDF soldier Gilad Shalit would be rescued or returned to his family immediately, and that the Lord would truly bless and comfort him, his family, his friends and his nation in the meantime.
- Please thank the Lord that Mosab Hassan Yousef, the son of one of the founders of Hamas, came to faith in Jesus Christ several years ago, and please pray that the Lord would use Mosab to reach many more people in the epicenter with the life changing message of the gospel.
- Please pray for the gospel of Jesus Christ to be communicated clearly to all the people of the epicenter, not just the Iranians, and that the Lord would continue to strengthen and build His Church and not let the gates of Hell prevail against it.
- Please pray for the Lord to continue to comfort and bless Israeli Pastor David Ortiz, his wife Leah, their son Ami (who was nearly killed by a Jewish terrorist bomb in March 2008), and their entire family. Please pray that the people responsible for that terrible attack are truly brought to justice, and also find personal forgiveness and salvation through Jesus Christ.
- Please pray for the Lord to mobilize more followers of Jesus Christ to care for the poor and needy in Jerusalem and throughout the epicenter, to care for the orphans and the widows and the survivors of the Holocaust and the victims of war and terror.
- Please pray that the Church around the world awakens to our biblical responsibility to truly love Jews, Arabs and Iranians with unconditional love and unwavering support, and to demonstrate that love in real and practical ways.
- HEADLINE: As settlement freeze expiration looms [on Sunday], U.S. makes final effort to halt peace talks breakdown — Netanyahu orders chief negotiator Yitzhak Molcho to extend his stay to deal with peace talks crisis; Abbas to meet U.S. Mideast envoy Mitchell (Haaretz)
- HEADLINE: Abbas: Israel must choose between settlements and peace (Ynet News)
- HEADLINE: Clinton meets Abbas as Mideast peace deadline looms (Reuters)
- HEADLINE: Netanyahu associates: He’ll never give up Western Wall — Netanyahu not bound by Olmert’s offer to Abbas, hopes to make peace on his terms, aides say (Jerusalem Post) — Key excerpt: “Olmert wrote an opinion piece for Friday’s Jerusalem Post in which he called on Netanyahu to offer the Palestinians what he did, which he first revealed to the public in a June 2009 interview with Newsweek’s Kevin Peraino. ‘Olmert told me he met with Palestinian [Authority] President Mahmoud Abbas in September 2008 and unfurled a map of Israel and the Palestinian territories,” Peraino wrote. “He says he offered Abbas 93.5 to 93.7 percent of the Palestinian territories, along with a land swap of 5.8% and a safe-passage corridor from Gaza to the West Bank that he says would make up the rest. The Holy Basin of Jerusalem would be under no sovereignty at all and administered by a consortium of Saudis, Jordanians, Israelis, Palestinians and Americans.'”
- HEADLINE: Settlers prepare for end of West Bank building freeze (Jerusalem Post)
- HEADLINE: Labor ministers may quit if talks with Palestinians break down, but National Union party may be ready to join Netanyahu coalition (Jerusalem Post)
To learn more about The Joshua Fund, please click here.