Great news: the fires in northern Israel near Haifa and the Carmel mountains are finally contained. Let’s thank the Lord for His mercies, which are new every morning. Let’s thank the Lord for the hard work of so many Israelis in putting out the fires and caring for the wounded. Let’s thank the Lord for all the international assistance that poured in, and continues to pour in from Jewish and Christian organizations. Let’s thank the Lord for believers all around the world that have been praying faithfully for Israel at this critical time, and for our brothers and sisters in Israel who have been working hard to love their neighbors and assist those in affected by the fires. As we read in Lamentations chapter three….
22The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
23They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
Please keep praying faithfully for:
- the families of the 42 Israelis who lost their lives, that the Lord would comfort them and draw them close to His heart
- the 33 Israelis injured in the fires, including the Haifa police chief, for healing and comfort from the God of Israel
- the 17,000 Israelis who are beginning to return to their homes to assess the damage and their next steps, for wisdom and courage from the Lord Himself
- the Israeli leaders as they begin to assess why they were so poorly prepared for this fire, for wisdom as they plan for the future
- the Lord to pour out physical and spiritual rain on a dry and needy land
- The Joshua Fund team as we assist those impacted by the fires and assist organizations that are making a real difference
>> Please consider making a year-end $50, $100, $250 or other tax-deductible donation to the work of The Joshua Fund to assist families impacted by the fires; to bless needy Israelis — Jews and Arabs — with food, clothing, medical supplies, and other aid; to educate Christians around the world about God’s everlasting love and wonderful plan for the people of Israel and the epicenter, and to mobilize Christians to “learn, pray, give and go” at this critical time. Thank you so much and may the Lord bless you bless Israel in the name of Jesus, according to Genesis 12:1-3.
HEADLINES TO TRACK:
- Ynet News: Carmel wildfire contained after 77 hours — More than three days after initial blaze began near Druze village of Usfiya, firefighting authorities declare they have managed to gain control of biggest fire in Israel’s history. Extinguishing operations to continue in coming days in bid to prevent fire from re-erupting
- Jerusalem Post: Carmel fire victims laid to rest across country
- Haaretz: Carmel fire: 250 houses destroyed, damage estimated at NIS 270 million — Four government work teams appointed to deal with damage in the Carmel; cabinet secretary: citizens have insurance coverage, but it’s partial
- Ynet: Israel bids farewell to foreign firefighting teams — Foreign pilots receive honorary medals from Air Force for helping combat Carmel wildfire. ‘Friends are measures in times of need. You proved yourselves true friends,’ Nevatim Airbase commander tells crew members
You must be logged in to post a comment.