In a new column posted at www.joshuafund.net, my friend Tom Doyle — a pastor with a real heart and focus on the Church in the Muslim world — writes that “despite the non-stop stream of bad news from a nation falling apart at the seams, there is also good news in Egypt that isn’t getting reported by the mainstream media.” For one thing, “many ministries in that Biblical country are seeing God moving in very powerful ways in recent years. Egyptians are coming to faith in Christ, growing in their faith, pastors are being trained and encouraged, and the Church as a whole is growing.” Tom, who was just in Egypt last month, urges followers of Jesus Christ around the world to pray for the people of Egypt, and offers some practical suggestions. To read his full column, please click here.
>> Also: Video blog on Isaiah 19 and the future of Egypt from the perspective of Bible prophecy
MORE HEADLINES TO TRACK:
- Tuesday: NYT reports largest demonstrations of the last 15 days amidst release of Egyptian Google executive from jail
- Tuesday: Rumsfeld on the Rush Limbaugh radio show discusses Radical Islam and the Egypt crisis and the danger that the “most organized” and “most vicious” in a revolution can take over the revolution and bring ruin, as happened in Iran in 1979
- Tuesday: Russia proposes UN Security Council visit to Mideast — Representatives of 15 nations would visit Israel, West Bank, Gaza, and surrounding states in order to promote regional peace and stability
- Can Egypt’s revolution stay the distance? Increasing signs of normality in parts of Cairo belie a continuing stalemate
- Muslim Brotherhood eyes comeback in Egypt
- Tide turns in favour of Egypt’s Brotherhood
- Netanyahu: Egypt could fall into hands of radical Islamists
You must be logged in to post a comment.