>> Answer to prayer: Israeli mayor is cancer-free after evangelical Christians and others around the world pray for him — details on The Joshua Fund website.
>> Israel says Iran warships to transit Suez for Syria
>> German magazine reports that Muslim Brotherhood spiritual leader and TV preacher Youssef al-Qaradawi advocates establishing a “United Muslim Nations” as a contemporary form of the caliphate and the only alternative to the hegemony of the West. He hates Israel and would love to take up arms himself. In one of his sermons, he asked God “to kill the Jewish Zionists, every last one of them.”
The drama in the epicenter is building. Iran on Tuesday witnessed the largest protests against the government since the crackdown in 2009 after the rigged elections swept Mahmoud Ahmadinejad into power for another four years. Major protests in Bahrain and Yemen, too. Developing….
HEADLINES TO TRACK
- Washington Post reports on the protests in Iran: “The demonstration was the largest in Iran since a crackdown on the opposition 14 months ago”; President Obama tells Mideast leaders, “The world is changing….You have a young, vibrant generation within the Middle East that is looking for greater opportunity. . . . You can’t be behind the curve.”
- Iran protests: clashes ‘filmed in Tehran’
- Iranian opposition returns to streets, energized by Egypt
- Iranian Lawmakers: Execute Opposition Leaders
- Bahrain takes the stage with raucous protest
- Clashes Erupt in Bahrain as Tumult Ripples Across Mideast
- Yemenis trying to oust leader protest for 5th day
- Violence punctuates Yemen protests
- Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt to Be Political Party
- Egypt opposition needs time, or Islamists will win
- Former Egyptian leader at his residence in Sharm el-Sheikh — Mubarak falls into coma after final speech: report