“there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines; and there will be terrors and great signs from heaven….There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.” (Luke 21:11,25,26)
“For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.” (Romans 8:22, KJV)
Today’s apocalyptic earthquake and subsequent tsunami in Japan reminded us yet again that the earth is groaning and we are, in fact, living in the last days before the return of Christ. The horrific disaster, whose proportions we are only beginning to understand, has already killed more than 1,000 people and left millions without power, food, or fresh water. Please be praying for the people of Japan for the Lord to comfort them and draw them close to His heart. Please pray for the followers of Jesus Christ in Japan and throughout Asia to help their brothers and sisters and help those who need practical assistance as well as Christ’s promise of unconditional love and forgiveness. Pray, too, that people all over the world will realize that the Lord is trying to get our attention to turn back to Him and prayer for the Day of the Lord, which is coming soon. Have you ever heard of the Four Spiritual Laws, a concise explanation of the gospel?
- SATURDAY UPDATE: Nuclear power plant explodes in Japan in events triggered by the earthquake
- NYT: Japan expands evacuation efforts after explosion at Japanese nuclear plant
- >> MUST SEE VIDEO: A helicopter news crew captures the ferocious, devastating power of the tsunami hitting land and laying waste to an entire town
- MUST SEE PHOTOS: Dramatic pictures from the frontlines of the disaster
- UPDATE: 20 aftershocks in Japan, 6.0 or higher
- Many killed in major tsunami after 8.9 earthquake in Japan
- Most powerful quake to hit Japan in 300 years…one of the five biggest quakes in world history…4.1 million without power….tsunami warnings for 53 countries.
- Death toll tops 1,o00 so far.
- EARLIER THIS WEEK: Deadly earthquake hits China’s southwest
- LAST MONTH: Earthquake in New Zealand kills at least 75, hundreds still trapped under debris in Christchurch
- FLASHBACK — February 2010: Multiple catastrophic earthquakes, war rumors echo “last days” prophecies
- FLASHBACK — January 2010: Bible says Israel, world to face major earthquakes in “last days,” but experts say Israel not prepared
- FLASHBACK — October 2009: The earth is groaning (South Pacific tsunami)