Much of the world seems to be asleep to the growing nuclear threat from Iran, perhaps thinking that the threat has passed or declined, or simply consumed with other seemingly more pressing issues. But storm clouds continue to gather. “The U.N. nuclear agency said Wednesday it is ‘increasingly concerned’ about a stream of intelligence suggesting that Iran continues to work secretly on developing a nuclear payload for a missile and other components of a nuclear weapons program,” reports the Associated Press.”In its report, the International Atomic Energy Agency said ‘many member states’ are providing evidence for that assessment, describing the information it is receiving as credible, ‘extensive and comprehensive.’ The restricted 9-page report was made available Friday to The Associated Press, shortly after being shared internally with the 35 IAEA member nations and the U.N. Security Council.”
Will the U.N. take action next month at the opening session of the General Assembly? There is no evidence yet this will happen. Will the Obama administration take decisive action against Iran? We’ve seen no signs of that happening so far. That would leave Israel. Will the Netanyahu government take decisive action to prevent another Holocaust? This remains to be seen, but please keep praying for the peace of Jerusalem, as we are commanded in Psalm 122:6.
My new political thriller, The Tehran Initiative, focuses on Iran acquiring nuclear weapons and the U.S. and Israel having to make a final decision on how to respond. I hope it’s just fiction, and that events don’t unfold as I’ve written them. But one way or another, the moment of decision is steadily approaching.
UPCOMING EVENTS WHERE JOEL WILL BE SPEAKING THIS FALL:
- September 11: “Wake Up Call” national webcast, hosted by Anne Graham Lotz
- September 24: Joel will speak and have a Q&A session at North Syracuse Baptist Church in Syracuse, NY, hosted by Dr. T.E. Koshy
- October 7 & 8: “Understanding The Times” conference at Grace Church in Eden Prarie, Minnesota
- October 22: “The Gathering Storm” national simulcast – please encourage your pastor to host this simulcast in your church; this event can only be viewed at churches hosting the special simulcast; it won’t be available on Oct. 22 for individuals hoping to watch on the web.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- What is the “War of Gog & Magog” described in Ezekiel 38-39? — notes from a recent conference
- Israel, Prophecy, and the “Day of the Lord”: Understanding the Old Testament Book of Joel – notes from a recent conference
- Watch the videos from the 2011 Epicenter Conference online — and/or order the DVD package of all the messages