Here is my latest column on the rumors of war between Israel and Iran that are swirling in Washington, Jerusalem and Tehran, just published by National Review Online.
UPDATE: New details are emerging about Israeli preparations for a possible first strike on Iran. Aides to Netanyahu tell me no decision has been made and Israel’s policy hasn’t changed. What’s more, there is outrage in and around the Israeli government about leaks that some are calling “treasonous.” One thing is certain, events are moving quickly:
- Israel Air Force conducts drills for long-range attacks — While the media and political sphere is abuzz with news on a potential attack on Iran’s nuclear development facilities, the Israel Air Force conducts comprehensive drills on long-range attacks at Italy NATO base
- Obama says pressure must be maintained on Iran — Ahead of the IAEA report next week, U.S. president says pressure must be put on Iran to meet its obligations
- UK military steps up plans for Iran attack amid fresh nuclear fears — British officials consider contingency options to back up a possible US action as fears mount over Tehran’s capability
- Haaretz poll: Israelis evenly split over attacking Iran
- Berlin ‘threatens 6th sub sale to Israel’
- Israeli PM orders investigation into Iran leak