“Russian President Vladimir Putin will meet his Iranian counterpart Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on the sidelines of a summit in Beijing next week as tensions rise over Tehran’s nuclear drive, a Kremlin official said,” reports Agence France Presse. “‘Meeting Ahmadinejad will let Putin personally feel the tension around the Iranian issue and how it is perceived in Tehran,’ Kremlin foreign policy aide Yury Ushakov told reporters last week in comments that were embargoed for release until Sunday. Putin and Ahmadinejad agreed to meet over the phone and the initiative came ‘from both sides,’ Ushakov said. The meeting will come as Russia prepares to host the latest round of talks on June 18 and 19 between world powers and Iranian negotiators in a bid to find a diplomatic solution to the standoff over Iran’s nuclear programme. The Moscow talks will follow a meeting last month in Baghdad where the six world powers — the United States, Britain, France, China, Russia and Germany — confronted Tehran over its intention to enrich uranium despite fears it was building a nuclear bomb….”
MORE HEADLINES WORTH TRACKING:
- Iran’s Ayatollah Ali Khamenei warns that if Israel strikes Tehran’s nuclear facilities, it will face ‘thunderous blow’
- Iran threatens to target U.S. bases if attacked
- Iran committed to ‘full annihilation of Israel,’ says top Iranian military commander
- Report: German officials confirm submarines sold to Israel can fire nuclear-tipped cruise missiles
- Register now for the IMPLOSION SIMULCAST on Saturday, June 16th.
- The next Epicenter Conference in the U.S. will be in September. Learn more at www.epicenterconference.com.
- Learn more about the 2013 Joshua Fund Prayer & Vision Tour through Israel.
- Help The Joshua Fund teach the Word of God in the epicenter, educate and mobilize Christians around the world to bless poor and needy Israelis, and prepare for a possible major new war in the epicenter — please prayerfully consider a generous, tax deductible financial contribution to The Joshua Fund.