(Washington, D.C.) — Is another cataclysmic war in the Middle East going to break out soon?
With the eyes of U.S. and Western leaders on Iran, Syria and Israel, some experts believe such a war is inevitable. I hope not. I’m praying for peace. But there’s no question tensions are growing. Iran is approaching the “red line” on nuclear weapons. Syria has already used chemical weapons. Netanyahu and his national security team seem to be seriously considering once again the possibility of launching a preemptive strike on Iran’s nuclear facilities. The stakes are very high.
That said, there are other questions we should be asking, particularly regarding Iran. These include:
- Is there any good news in Iran today?
- Does Bible prophecy give us clues about the future of Iran?
- Is God working in that historic and important country, and if so, how?
- How can followers of Jesus Christ make an impact on Iran with the Gospel?
- How can we pray for the believers in Iran, and for all the people of Iran?
Last Friday, I addressed these questions at a special banquet in Dallas to help promote awareness of — and raise funds for — Iran Alive Ministries. We’ve just posted the audio of my address as a new podcast. During the message, I focus specifically on the Biblical prophecy regarding the future of Iran that we find in Jeremiah chapter 49, verses 34 through 39.
To listen to this podcast, please click here.
Iran Alive Ministries was founded and is led by Dr. Hormoz Shariat, whom I describe as “the Billy Graham of Iran.” Hormoz used to be a Radical Shia Muslim in Iran shouting, “Death to America!” around the time that the Shah fled from power and the Ayatollah Khomeini came to power in 1979 and launched the Islamic Revolution. A few years later, Hormoz came to faith in Jesus Christ. Today, Hormoz is the most widely seen and heard and effective evangelist in all of Iran. He and his team reach millions of Iranian Muslims with Bible teaching, Gospel presentations, church services, and live Q&A programs via their satellite TV network in Farsi that broadcasts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may recall I profiled Hormoz, who has become a dear friend, in my non-fiction book, Inside The Revolution: How The Followers of Jihad, Jefferson & Jesus Are Battling To Dominate The Middle East and Change The World. He was also featured in the documentary film , Inside The Revolution, which has been dubbed into Farsi and plays once a month on Hormoz’s satellite TV network.
During my visit to Dallas, I was honored to be invited onto the satellite TV network on three separate occasions to speak directly to the people of Iran (with Hormoz translating my words into Farsi). In one interview Hormoz did with me, I shared my spiritual journey of how I came to faith in Jesus Christ and why God loves the people of Iran, and why I do, as well. In another program, Hormoz asked me to explain the prophecy of Jeremiah 49:34-39 concerning the coming judgment of Iran, and the coming spiritual awakening in Iran. In the third program, I preached on Matthew 28:16-20 — the Great Commission — in church service broadcast on Friday evening in prime time in millions of homes throughout Iran and the Persian-speaking community around the world. It’s hard to describe the sense of responsibility I felt to speak the Word of God clearly and directly and lovingly to the Iranian people in their homes, in their living rooms. Please pray that the Lord would really do a great and mighty work through those programs, and in the daily programs that this network does on a regular basis.
I hope you’ll take time to listen to this podcast. It runs about 35 minutes or so. Please also pray for the people of Iran to hear the Word of God and say yes to Christ. To learn more about Hormoz and his ministry, please go to www.iranaliveministries.org. You can also follow Hormoz on Twitter — as I do — @HormozShariat.
- 24 pages of study notes on Isaiah 17 and Jeremiah 49.
- NYT best-selling novel, Damascus Countdown, about an Israeli preemptive strike on Iran — and Iran & Syria retaliating with WMD
- Sermon on Bible prophecy and the future of Damascus — delivered at Topeka Bible Church (9/8/13)
- Interview with Fox’s Neil Cavuto on the Bible and the future of Damascus (9/9/13)
- Interview with Fox’s Martha MacCallum on the Bible and the future of Damascus (9/10/13)
- Answering those who dismiss Isaiah 17 & Jeremiah 49 regarding the future of Damascus.
- Growing number of media stories focus on Isaiah 17 & Jeremiah 49 prophecies on the future of Damascus.
>> Track the latest developments and analysis on Twitter — @JoelCRosenberg.
You must be logged in to post a comment.