(Washington, D.C.) — An historic spiritual awakening is under way inside Iran.
More Iranians have renounced Islam and come to faith in Jesus Christ in the last three decades, than in the last 14 centuries combined. There is now an estimated one million followers of Christ inside Iran, and there continues to be a great hunger amongst Persian-speaking people to hear and understand God’s Word and the power of the Gospel message.
In recent days, a new TV interview has just been posted online. In the program, Dr. Hormoz Shariat, the foremost Iranian evangelist and Bible teacher in the world, and I discuss the revolutionary movement of the Gospel inside Iran and its implications for the Church.
In this 20 minute interview, we discuss:
- how satellite television is enabling Christians to beam the Gospel over the heads of the ayatollahs and mullahs and secret police to the homes of millions of Iranians
- some of the prophecies concerning the future of Iran
- why I describe Hormoz as “the Billy Graham of Iran”
- how you and I and other Christians around the world can make an historic impact for the Gospel on the people of Iran
- I recently had the privilege of sitting down in our studio with my dear friend, Joel Rosenberg. You may know Joel through his many NY Times bestselling books, his educational and charitable organization, The Joshua Fund, or his blog and Twitter account, both of which I follow and strongly recommend you do as well (http://flashtrafficblog.epicentermedia.net/ @joelcrosenberg).
- I know Joel as passionate follower of Jesus Christ, whose heart for the Gospel to be proclaimed and embraced in the Middle East, even in Iran, is unmatched and genuine.
- During his visit, Joel and I sat down and had a wonderful conversation about the Middle East and specifically his thoughts related to Iran in the Scriptures and the unique role the Lord has in store for this dangerous, beautiful and spiritually open country.
>> Another resource: What does Bible prophecy say about the future of Iran? Click here to listen to an address I recently delivered to the “Iran Alive Ministries” banquet. This message goes more in-depth in analyzing the prophecies found in Jeremiah 49:34-39.
- To learn more about the work of The Joshua Fund — and/or to invest in the work of blessing Israel and her neighbors — please visit www.joshuafund.net
- What is the “War of Gog & Magog”? Detailed study notes on Ezekiel 38 & 39.
- What is the future of Damascus? 24 pages of study notes on Isaiah 17 and Jeremiah 49.
- NYT best-selling novel, Damascus Countdown
- NYT best-selling novel, The Ezekiel Option
- Sermon on Bible prophecy and the future of Damascus — delivered at Topeka Bible Church (9/8/13)