(Washington, D.C.) — U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is pressing Israel to agree to create a sovereign Palestinian state and eventually withdraw all IDF forces from the strategic Jordan River valley.
The overwhelming consensus of international diplomats and political leaders agree with Kerry, and are likewise pressuring Israel with make a deal and withdraw its forces forever.
To reassure Israel that her security won’t be jeopardized, it is being suggested that ibe stationed in the Jordan Valley to provide security and provide a buffer zone to ease Israeli concerns.
However, some 70 percent of Israelis say they would not be safer under such an arrangement, and that international forces would not be a reliable protection from a major attack from the East.
Now a new video produced by the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs (JCPA) asks, “Who is right?”
Given the immense importance of the Israeli-Palestinian peace process — and the importance of this particular issue — I’d recommend that you take five minutes to watch the video, and/or read the accompanying background information. You may or may not agree, but at least you’ll have a better understanding of the Israeli perspective on this vital debate.
>> To watch the short video, or read the background information, please click here.
- Follow Joel on Twitter — @joelcrosenberg
- Order Damascus Countdown (last in the trilogy) – now available in paperback online and in bookstores nationwide
- Listen to Damascus Countdown as an audio book.
- Order the paperback of The Tehran Initiative (second in the trilogy)
- Order the paperback of The Twelfth Imam (first in the triology)
- Learn more about The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net) – educating and mobilizing Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, and caring for the poor and needy with food and other humanitarian relief – read our 2013 Donor Report, and make a year-end, tax deductible, secure on-line contribution
You must be logged in to post a comment.