(Netanya, Israel) — Americans do not only fear that a nuclear-armed Iran would try to bring about a “Second Holocaust” by annihilating all six million Jews in the State of Israel.
They also fear Iranian leaders would try to bring about a “nuclear holocaust” inside the United States of America.
During an interview on Fox News on Sunday with anchor Shannon Bream, I shared more of the results of the new polling Tyndale House Publishers and I conducted through McLaughlin & Associates, a nationally-respected polling firm.
Gearing up for the release of The Auschwitz Escape, and trying to understand how Americans’ fears of a “Second Holocaust” affects their views of current geopolitical issues, we asked 1,000 likely U.S. voters the following question: “Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: ‘If the U.S. and our allies do not take decisive action, and the Iranian regime is permitted to build nuclear weapons and the missiles to deliver them, the Iranian regime will one day attempt to attack the homeland of the United States and bring about a nuclear holocaust’?”
- 68.1% agreed they fear a nuclear holocaust inside the U.S.
- 23.3% disagreed
- 8.6% said they did not know
Here are some of the other results of the poll we discussed:
- Exclusive poll: 59% of Americans support “decisive” US strike on Iran to prevent “Second Holocaust,” if diplomacy & sanctions fail.
- Exclusive new poll finds 80% of Americans fear a “Second Holocaust.” Are Christians willing to stand with Israel in face of rising threat?
- 85% of Americans concerned young people don’t know enough about Holocaust or learning lessons of how to confront evil, finds new poll.
- Exclusive new poll: 72% of Americans see Putin as “clear and present danger” to U.S. and Israel.
The big question remains: Will President Obama and the leaders of the P5+1 international powers be able to use diplomacy and sanctions to truly force Iran to dismantle and abandon its uranium and plutonium development programs and all its efforts to build nuclear weapons?
If so, that would be a great blessing to the peace of the world.
But if they cannot force Iran to change course, nearly seven-in-ten Americans say they are deeply concerned that Iran’s ayatollahs and mullahs to use nuclear weapons to kill millions of Americans here inside the homeland.
A sobering thought, to be sure.
You must be logged in to post a comment.