America is on the wrong track. Almost 7 in 10 people believe this. Only 26% of Americans think we’re going in the right direction. In fact, only 37% believe America’s best days are still ahead of us. And the situation is growing critical. We’re not just in a season of decline. We are facing implosion.
Washington cannot fix all that ails us. We need to humble ourselves and pray like we’ve never prayed before.
On my recent book tour in the U.S., I had the opportunity to address those attending the final dinner of the National Religious Broadcasters convention. My topic was “Three Existential Threats Facing America.” Rather than go through every reason our nation is in trouble, I highlighted three I find among the most serious.
Not long after that event, I traveled to Asheville, North Carolina, where Anne Graham Lotz and I taught a seminar through the Old Testament book of Joel. Anne and one of her daughters took me up to Montreat to visit the Reverend Billy Graham. It was a very special time of praying and reading the Scriptures together with America’s most respected evangelist. He is a lion in winter, graying and tired, but he’s still thinking clearly and still passionate about his love for Jesus Christ. Dr. Graham is clearly ready to go be with his Savior, but in the meantime — unable to preach or travel any longer — he is praying for America to turn around before it’s too late.
During those few days, Anne and I not only taught the Scriptures and the warnings from the ancient Hebrew prophet Joel. We also had time to share our deep and growing burden for how much trouble America is in. Privately, and with those who attended the weekend seminar, we discussed how rapidly so many are turning away from the Lord and away from His Word and refusing to honor Him or follow the Bible’s teachings on so many subjects, from the sanctity of innocent human life, to the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman, to the importance of loving and blessing Israel and the Jewish people, and in so many other ways.
As a result of that time, Anne has decided to launch a national call for prayer and fasting and repentance, and I join her in this call. From May 15th to May 23rd, would you join us and people from all over the country — and all over the world — to pray for Americans to turn back to the Lord, and for the Lord to grant us another Great Awakening?
We cannot wait for the politicians in Washington to get it right. We cannot wait for the cultural and media elites in New York and Hollywood to get it right. It is urgent that we get it right — that we humble ourselves and turn to our Father in heaven and ask for His mercy on us, our families, our communities, our leaders and our nation. There is much Washington can do to get America back on the right track — or make the situation far worse — but Washington cannot fix all that ails us. Washington cannot save us. Only the Lord can do that. But time is growing short.
Here is the letter Anne has posted online and is sending to people all over the country. Please take time to read it and share it with others. Thank you, and God bless you, and may God mercy on this country we love so dearly.
“For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now…Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He saved them from their distress.” Matthew 24:21 / Psalm 107:19
This past Spring, Joel Rosenberg and I taught through the book of Joel as we led a prophecy seminar at The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove. It was my privilege to give the first two messages that covered Joel 1:1 through Joel 2:17. The impact on me was profound. Both times, when I stepped off of the platform, I knew God had spoken. The messages almost made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Why? Because God was clearly warning that His judgment is coming on America and on our world, and it’s going to be ugly. I knew it then, and I know it now.
I believe Jesus is soon to return to take all of His followers to Heaven with Him in what is referred to as The Rapture. While this will be deliverance for His people, can you imagine the impact on our nation, let alone the world, when suddenly every single authentic Christian disappears?
Institutions will collapse. Banks will close. The Stock Market will plunge. Planes will fall out of the sky. Cars will crash on the road. Government in America at every level will disintegrate. Families will be torn apart. In the unprecedented turmoil, our nation will be vulnerable for our enemies to seize the moment and attack us. There will be mass chaos, confusion, fear, grief, despair, anger, threats, danger… judgment.
But just as God allowed the Israelites, His people, to go through three of the ten plagues He sent in judgment on Pharaoh and Egypt in Exodus 6-8, God may allow His people today to go through a time of distress and trouble before The Rapture takes place. I believe we are in that time now. I believe it’s time to not just pray. It’s time to cry out to God on behalf of our nation and our world.
MAYDAY! MAYDAY! is an international distress call that signals a life-threatening emergency. And it’s the call to cry out that I am issuing May 15-May 23. These are the nine days between the Day of the Ascension of Jesus and the Day of Pentecost that have Biblically and traditionally been days of prayer and fasting for an outpouring of God’s Spirit.
The purpose of MAYDAY! MAYDAY! is …
* To claim God our Father’s promise of an outpouring of His Spirit in these days following three blood moons and a total solar eclipse: …I will pour out my Spirit in those days …The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. Joel 2:29, 31
* To implore God the Holy Spirit to compel the church to repent of sin and our nation to return to faith in the living God, that times of refreshing may come… Acts 3:19
* To entreat God our Savior for an abundant harvest of souls for His Kingdom in the remaining days. Do you not say, ‘Four months more and then the harvest’? ¹ I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. John 4:35
* To delay or soften God’s judgment that is coming on America and on our world. Who knows? He may turn and have pity and leave behind a blessing. Joel 2:13-14
For those who sign up, I will provide a prayer I have written personally for each of the 9 days, as well as a brief video message, so that we pray with one accord. Before it’s too late and judgment falls on our nation.
Anne Graham Lotz
- Order The Third Target today.
- Read Implosion today.
- Learn more about The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net) – educating and mobilizing Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, and caring for the poor and needy with food and other humanitarian relief – read our latest Donor Report, and make a tax deductible, secure, on-line contribution.
- I’m excited to announce The Joshua Fund’s 2015 “Prayer & Vision Tour of the Holy Land.” Come with me and visit Israel & Jordan. Walk where Jesus, the apostles and the prophets walked. Study the Word of God. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem and all the people of the epicenter. Meet and worship with local believers. Serve the poor and vulnerable. Discover the Lord afresh, and even be baptized in the Jordan River. This is a journey that could change your life! Here are the details.
- Follow on Twitter — @joelcrosenberg
- Receive every blog post automatically via the RSS feed.