>> FACT SHEET: Why is the Iran nuclear deal so dangerous?
(Central Israel) — A secret side-deal made with Iran by the U.N. will actually allow Iran to “inspect” its own nuclear sites and provide confirmation to the international community that no illegal nuclear weapons activity is being conducted such sites.
As a novelist, I wish I could tell you that I was making this up. But this is not fiction. Nor is it the figment of the imagination of Stephen Colbert or John Stewart or the writers of Saturday Night Live. This is sheer lunacy, but according to an exclusive report by the Associated Press, it is also true.
This is just one more reason this incredibly dangerous nuclear deal must be stopped. It puts America’s trust in the Radical, murderous, terrorist leaders of Iran rather than in the common sense of the American people (who overwhelmingly oppose the deal) or in the wisdom and experience of our Israeli and Arab allies who also oppose the deal. This deal will embolden and strengthen Iran to engage in more international terrorism, more persecution of Iranian Christians, more suppression of human rights in Iran and slavery of the Iranian people. It will encourage the Iranian leadership to pursue even more aggressively their genocidal, apocalyptic, End Times theology. And rather than bringing about peace in the region as President Obama and his administration asserts, this deal will actually make a major war in the Middle East more likely, not less likely.
Please share this story on social media. Please educate your family and friends about the deal, call your Member of Congress to insist that they vote against the deal in September, and mobilize everyone you know to call Congress in opposition to the deal, as well. I especially encourage Christian leaders to educate and mobilize the Christian community to communicate to Congress their opposition to this deal.
In the detailed analysis I wrote on August 5th regarding the 159-page Iran nuclear deal, I raised the concern that Iran was going to be allowed to do some of its own nuclear inspections. The AP report has now confirmed these concerns. “Iran will be allowed to use its own inspectors to investigate a site it has been accused of using to develop nuclear arms, operating under a secret agreement with the U.N. agency that normally carries out such work, according to a document seen by the Associated Press,” notes the exclusive AP story. “The newly disclosed side agreement, for an investigation of the Parchin nuclear site by the U.N.’s International Atomic Energy Agency, is linked to persistent allegations that Iran has worked on atomic weapons. That investigation is part of the overarching nuclear-limits deal.”
This is partly why I have described the Iran nuclear deal as insane. There is simply no other way to describe an agreement that gives such an evil regime a clear path to nuclear weapons and abandons our most trusted allies in the process.
- The deal doesn’t live up to the very “red lines” that President Obama and his team set.
- The deal doesn’t end Iran’s nuclear program — it legalizes, legitimizes, and expands it.
- The deal provides Iran not just one but two paths to The Bomb — in 10 to 15 years if Iran keeps the agreement, and much sooner if Iran cheats.
- The details inside the deal are absolutely stunning — and catastrophically dangerous for the U.S., Israel and our Sunni Arab neighbors, and ignores the wise counsel our Middle East allies are giving the President not to make such enormous concessions to such a cruel and untrustworthy enemy.
Last night, I returned back home to Israel from the States where I have been briefing Members of Congress, presidential candidates, and numerous evangelical Christian leaders and journalists about why the Iran deal is so dangerous and why it must be stopped.
- To listen to the podcast of the recent speech I gave in Denver on “Israel, Iran & ISIS: What’s Next?” — including a detailed discussion of the nuclear deal — please click here.
- To read the full document, “Why is the Iran nuclear deal so dangerous?” please click here.
NOTE: These comments represent my personal views. I am not writing here in my capacity as Chairman of The Joshua Fund. TJF is a non-profit organization and does not engage in any political activity.
- Pre-order your copies of THE FIRST HOSTAGE now in hardcover, e-book or audio formats — it releases on December 29, 2015
- Order The Third Target today — the New York Times best-selling novel about ISIS capturing chemical weapons in Syria and plotting genocidal attacks.
- Order Implosion: Can American Recover From Its Economic & Spiritual Challenges In Time?
- Follow on Twitter — @joelcrosenbergReceive every blog post automatically via the RSS feed.
The Parchin agreement was worked out between the IAEA and Iran. The United States and the five other world powers were not party to it but were briefed by the IAEA and endorsed it as part of the larger package.
You must be logged in to post a comment.