Fourteen years after the attacks of 9/11, the nature of the threat we face in the Middle East has changed significantly. Radical Islam is still a major problem. But the most serious threat we now face in the region is from a movement I call Apocalyptic Islam.
Do Members of the House and Senate, U.S. policymakers, and the presidential candidates understand the nature of this threat? If they do, they need to talk about it publicly and explain how they would counter it before it’s too late.
Earlier this week, I spent an hour with a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee on Capitol Hill discussing such matters.
Today, I look forward to raising this issue during my remarks at the Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C.
Here are two fact sheets I recently put together that provide more details:
- FACT SHEET: The Iranian Leadership’s Apocalyptic Beliefs
- FACT SHEET: The Islamic State’s Apocalyptic Beliefs
Also, here is a column I recently wrote for the National Review. I hope you find this material helpful. Please feel free to share it with others.
Fourteen years ago — on September 11, 2001 — America was blindsided by the forces of radical Islam. Pre-9/11, American leaders rightly understood that the vast majority of the world’s Muslims were generally peace-loving people who posed no threat to our homeland. But they failed to adequately comprehend, much less counter, the theology, political ideology, and operational strategy of men like Osama bin Laden.
- FACT SHEET: Why is the Iran nuclear treaty so dangerous?
- Pre-order your copies of THE FIRST HOSTAGE now in hardcover, e-book or audio formats — it releases on December 29, 2015
- Order The Third Target today — the New York Times best-selling novel about ISIS capturing chemical weapons in Syria and plotting genocidal attacks.
- To read The Twelfth Imam series — a trilogy of novels I wrote about an American President pressuring an Israeli Prime Minister not to launch unilateral military strikes against Iran, but Israel feeling forced to do so anyway — please click here.
- Order Implosion: Can American Recover From Its Economic & Spiritual Challenges In Time?
- Follow on Twitter — @joelcrosenbergReceive every blog post automatically via the RSS feed.
- Invest in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net), our non-profit organization to educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, care for the poor and needy with food and other humanitarian relief, and strengthen the Church in the epicenter. Read our latest Donor Report, and make a tax deductible, secure, on-line contribution.
You must be logged in to post a comment.