“Is there an unprecedented spiritual revival taking place in the Islamic world?”
I was recently asked this question during an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network. The answer, remarkably, is a resounding “Yes.”
Amidst the darkness of Radical and Apocalyptic Islam and the war, terrorism, widespread poverty, illiteracy, alcohol and drug abuse and other pathologies they produce, millions of Muslims have, in fact, been leaving Islam and turning to faith in Jesus Christ.
Here are excerpts: Best-selling author Joel Rosenberg recently spoke to CBN News about the incredible revival in the Muslim world. He cites a 19-page peer-reviewed study detailing the unprecedented wave of Muslims who are coming to Christ.
“From 1960 to 2010, the number of Muslims that have converted to faith in Jesus Christ has grown from fewer than 200,000 to some 10 million people” Rosenberg said, citing the study.
Rosenberg says the increase of Muslims converts to Christ could correlate to the turmoil in the Middle East.
“A lot as happened in the last fifty years in the Middle East. There’s a lot of revolutions, war, turmoil, poverty, and what I think is happening, especially in the last 10-15 years, is many Muslims are deeply uncomfortable with the idea that ISIS, or Iran’s leadership, or Assad are the type of people that represent Islam.”
Many Muslims are finding their questions answered through dreams and visions about Christ.
“God is moving very powerfully using dreams and visions Muslims are having of the Man in white, of Jesus Himself,” Rosenberg says.
But even though God is revealing Himself to Muslims through dreams and visions, Christians are still fundamental to fulfilling the Great Commission in the Muslim world.
“In a world of 1.6 billion Muslims, we have a long way to go. So if we are going to fulfill the Great Commission and reach every nation with the Gospel, we are going to have to pick up our game and be much more faithful,” Rosenberg says….“This is a moment to be praying for them, that God would open their eyes.”
- Order The First Hostage today — the new political thriller about ISIS plotting a terrorist attacks against Israel, Jordan and the United States — available in hardcover, e-book and audio formats.
- Subscribe (free) to the RSS feed (click here) and receive every new posting on this blog directly via email.
- Order THE THIRD TARGET today , the first in this new series — now out in paperback — the New York Times best-selling novel about ISIS capturing chemical weapons in Syria and plotting genocidal attacks on the U.S. and our Mideast allies.
- Make an investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net), our non-profit organization to help Christians care for Syrian refugees, educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, and strengthen the Church in the epicenter. Read our latest Donor Report, and prayerfully consider making a tax deductible, secure, on-line contribution. Thanks so much!
- Follow on Twitter — @joelcrosenberg