- Las Vegas Shooting Is Deadliest in Modern U.S. History (NBC News)
- ‘An Act of Pure Evil’ (Wall Street Journal)
- ISIS release new video, bragging that Las Vegas shooting is revenge for US attacks against their ‘caliphate’ (UK Daily Mail)
- Why Did the Islamic State Claim the Las Vegas Shooting? Assessing the group’s puzzling statement (The Atlantic)
- Las Vegas gunman filmed himself during slaughter (New York Post)
- Las Vegas Shooter Wired $100,000 to Philippines Last Week (NBC News)
ORIGINAL POST: Americans are waking up to horrific news of sheer evil in Las Vegas. At least 50 people have been murdered, and more than 200 have been wounded.
Here’s what we know so far….
- “Deadliest shooting in U.S. history.” (CNN) (ABC News)
- Warning 45 minutes before the attack: “You’re all going to die.” (UK Express)
- “Las Vegas gunman suspect is Stephen Paddock, 64, of Mesquite, Nevada.” (CNBC)
- “[T]he Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said the suspect was shot dead by officers and that authorities were confident there was no longer a threat….police found numerous firearms in the room he occupied and that officers were also at his residence.” (Wall Street Journal)
- “Authorities said law enforcement swarmed the hotel and killed the gunman in a room on the 32nd floor. Responding officers used an explosive device to force the door open into the room to shoot Paddock dead, law enforcement officials told Fox News.” (Fox News)
- “Police don’t believe there are any more shooters. ‘Right now, we believe it’s a sole actor, a lone-wolf-type actor,’ the sheriff said.” (CNN)
- “A gunman killed at least 50 people and wounded more than 200 at a country music festival on the Las Vegas Strip on Sunday, raining down rapid fire from the 32nd floor of a hotel for several minutes before he was shot dead by police.” (Reuters)
- “The death toll, which police emphasized was preliminary and tentative, would make the attack the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history, eclipsing last year’s massacre of 49 people at an Orlando night club.” (Reuters)
- “Pray for Las Vegas,” the city’s mayor, Carolyn Goodman, tweeted. “Thank you to all our first responders out there now.” (CNN)
- October 6 & 7 — I’ll be speaking at the 2017 Epicenter Conference in Orange County, California. The focus of the conference is, “What does the Future Hold for Israel and Her Neighbors?” Please register today.
- Would you like to make a secure, tax deductible investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net)? This is the non-profit organization that my wife, Lynn, and I founded in 2006 to educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, to care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, care for Syrian and Iraqi refugees, and strengthen the Church in the epicenter. The Joshua Fund is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Please click here to learn more. Thanks so much!
- Click here to read the 2016 Joshua Fund Donor Report — and watch the short videos, as well
- Subscribe (free) to the RSS feed (click here) and receive every new posting on this blog directly via email.