(Jerusalem, Israel) — My wife, Lynn, and I founded The Joshua Fund in the summer of 2006, and working with this team to strengthen the Church in the Middle East to be a blessing to those poor in resources and poor in spirit is one of the deepest joys of our lives.
We think of The Joshua Fund (TJF) like a venture capital fund. TJF comes alongside small but growing and promising congregations and ministries in Israel, the Palestinian Authority, and five neighboring Arab countries (Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iraq and Egypt) and invest in them – with encouragement, with prayer, and, when appropriate, with financial resources – allowing them to plant more seeds and bear more fruit.
God has blessed TJF with a wonderful board of directors and staff — but it’s your faithful prayers and generous financial support that truly allows us to invest in God’s Kingdom work to make an eternal impact. Thank you so much for all your help.
Whether you’re a regular donor, or someone just learning about The Joshua Fund, here are just a few of the projects we have invested in during 2017. To learn more, please read the full 2017 Donor Report.
And please prayerfully consider making a generous, tax-deductible, year-end investment in this special ministry!
SHOWING GOD’S LOVE TO POOR AND NEEDY JEWISH AND ARAB FAMILIES IN ISRAEL, THE PALESTINIAN AUTHORITY & FIVE NEIGHBORING ARAB COUNTRIES
- Non-perishable food packs are provided monthly to nearly 3,000 needy families through 17 Distribution Centers operated by local congregations and ministries
- Support and counseling for single mothers with newborn babies and needy Israeli women
- Jewish holiday celebrations and evangelistic bus tours of Israel for Holocaust survivors and others
- Legal support for those believers who are discriminated against, denied citizenship or persecuted because of their faith
- Provided English language children’s Bibles among unbelieving Arabic Speakers in the West Bank
- Enabled local congregations to stand with believers who are in dire financial need
- A Mother’s Day evangelistic event for Arab women in the Galilee region
- Helping local churches in Arab countries neighboring Israel offer spiritual care via Bible studies, discipleship and physical care for over 400 Iraqi and Syrian refugee families, who fled their homes to escape terrorism
- Humanitarian relief, trauma counseling and medical aid to Iraqi, Arab, Nubian and Yazidi communities in Arab countries neighboring Israel
- Women’s conferences, discipleship programs, Bible teaching and fellowship for women in Arab countries marginalized by violence in the Epicenter
SHOWING GOD’S LOVE BY EQUIPPING AND ENCOURAGING THE BODY OF CHRIST IN ISRAEL, THE PALESTINAN AUTHORITY & FIVE NEIGHBORING ARAB COUNTRIES
- Distribution of Hebrew, Arabic and Russian language audio Bibles
- Retreats and conferences that provided Bible study and encouragement for Jewish/Arab pastors and ministry leaders, young people and underprivileged segments of the body of believers
- Undergirded the production and staff support for key Hebrew and Arabic evangelistic videos
- Media efforts using compelling personal testimonies from Arabic speakers in Israel, the West Bank and Gaza
- Gathering of Jewish and Arab believing youth to encourage the study of the Word of God and worship
- Support and national training for evangelistic work among both Jews and Arabs
- Educational support for training and equipping young Israeli believers to attend Bible school
- Arabic language Bible teaching radio broadcasts into the West Bank
- Would you like to make a year-end, secure, tax deductible investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net)? This is the non-profit organization that my wife, Lynn, and I founded in 2006 to educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, to care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, care for Syrian and Iraqi refugees, and strengthen the Church in the epicenter. The Joshua Fund is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Please click here to learn more. Thanks so much!
- Click here to read the 2017 Joshua Fund Donor Report — and watch the short videos, as well
- Subscribe (free) to the RSS feed (click here) and receive every new posting on this blog directly via email.
You must be logged in to post a comment.