(Jerusalem, Israel) — More than 150 rockets and mortar shells have been fired at southern Israel by Hamas and Islamic Jihad terrorists in Gaza since early Saturday morning. As I write this report at 5:45pm local time, another barrage is underway.
Thus far, there have been three Israelis wounded. No number of Palestinian injuries have been reported yet, but it is likely that there will be many.
The rockets are reaching deeper into Israeli territory than usual. One rocket hit Beit Shemesh, a religious community about 30 minutes south of Jerusalem.
The onslaught — the most intense we’ve seen after months of calm — comes just days after Holocaust Memorial, and days before Israeli mark Memorial Day and our 71st Independence Day this coming week.
Prime Minister Netanyahu is currently holding an emergency meeting with senior military commanders at the IDF war room in Tel Aviv.
So far, IDF forces have launched at least 30 retaliatory air strikes, targeting Hamas and IJ command centers and other military facilities.
- Please pray for the immediate restoration of calm.
- Pray for mercy for all those living on both sides of the border.
- Pray for wisdom for Israeli leaders to know how best to deal with the situation.
- Pray that the suffering Palestinians of Gaza are soon liberated from the Hellish Hamas tyranny that is ruining their lives.
- NOW AVAILABLE: To buy your own copy of THE PERSIAN GAMBLE — a political thriller about the US, Israel, the UAE and Saudi Arabia trying to thwart a plot by Iran to buy nuclear weapons from North Korea — in hardcover, e-book, large print, or audio formats, please click here.
- Learn more about the special 2019 cruise Lynn & I will be leading with The Joshua Fund, and register today while we still have space!
- Cruise itinerary
- Would you like to make a year-end, secure, tax deductible investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net)? This is the non-profit organization that my wife, Lynn, and I founded in 2006 to educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, to strengthen the Church in the Epicenter, to preach the Gospel and teach the Word of God, to care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, and care for Syrian and Iraqi refugees and others. The Joshua Fund is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Please click here to learn more. Thanks so much!