(Jerusalem, Israel) — Rarely do I love a book as much as this one — so much so that I’ve actually read it twice in the past few weeks.
Shadow Strike: Inside Israel’s Secret Mission to Eliminate Syrian Nuclear Power, by Yaakov Katz — The Jerusalem Post’s editor-in-chief, and a personal friend — is hands down the best non-fiction book of 2019, and a great summer read.
I invited him to breakfast earlier this week to tell him that and learn more about how he came to write it. Wish you could have joined us. It was a fascinating conversation.
Only one country in the world has ever destroyed a foreign nuclear program out of existence, Katz writes. That’s Israel, and she’s actually done it twice. The first time, Israel took out Iraq’s Osirak reactor in 1981. The second time, Israel took out Syria’s sole reactor in 2007. But how exactly did Israel find the until-then secret Syrian facility? How did they destroy it? Why haven’t they talked about this incredible mission until now? And why didn’t Washington take the lead and destroy the illegal Syrian reactor (built with the help of North Korea) first?
Katz takes us where no other reporter has gone before. Exclusive interviews with all the key political, intelligence and military officials involved in the operation in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv and Washington. The book is written like a novel, a first-rate political thriller. But it’s all true. Get it. Read it twice. Then invite Katz onto your radio show or to speak at your next conference. Believe me, you won’t be disappointed.
Read the publisher’s description of the book, and order a copy on Amazon.
- To pre-order my next political thriller, THE JERUSALEM ASSASSIN, please click here.
- NOW AVAILABLE: To buy your own copy of THE PERSIAN GAMBLE — my latest political thriller about the U.S., Israel, the UAE and Saudi Arabia trying to thwart a plot by Iran to buy nuclear weapons from North Korea — in hardcover, e-book, large print, or audio formats, please click here.
- On August 15th, I’ll be speaking in Denver. Learn more and register today by clicking here.
- In September, Lynn and I will be hosting a special cruise of New England and Canada with The Joshua Fund. Learn more and register today while we still have a few cabins left.
- Would you like to make a secure, tax deductible investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net)? This is the non-profit organization that my wife, Lynn, and I founded in 2006 to educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, to strengthen the Church in the Epicenter, to preach the Gospel and teach the Word of God, to care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, and care for Syrian and Iraqi refugees and others. The Joshua Fund is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Please click here to learn more. Thanks so much.
You must be logged in to post a comment.