(Denver, Colorado) — The Jerusalem Post has just published a new column that I’ve written for them. It is drawn from a blog I wrote last week on recent reforms in Saudi Arabia, but expanded and a bit more detailed.
To read the full column, please click here.
Here are a few excerpts:
• Cutting the Saudis loose – or insisting MBS step down – is not the way forward. We live in an imperfect world. We have to make imperfect choices and work with imperfect allies. But we always can and should urge our friends and allies to do better.
• The White House and US State Department should, therefore, continue publicly standing side-by-side with the Saudis while privately but clearly telling the king and crown prince the truth…..
• Justice must be done in the Khashoggi affair….
• Innocent Saudis who have been unfairly and unnecessarily imprisoned should be released promptly….
• Reforms to dramatically improve social, economic and religious freedom for all Saudis should be accelerated, consistent with Vision 2030 objectives….
• Riyadh would also be wise to take specific, tangible steps towards peace with Israel, consistent with their own national interests.
• Allowing Israeli airlines to fly to and over the kingdom would be a good next step.
• Inviting Israeli journalists to Riyadh to interview senior Saudi officials would also be useful.
• Indeed, inviting a delegation of Jewish leaders from both the US and Israel to meet with Saudi royals would be a very encouraging move, just as they invited me last year to bring the first-ever delegation of Evangelical leaders to meet with MBS and other senior officials.
• Given the growing Iran threat, and the importance of fighting terrorism and making regional peace, the US-Saudi alliance must be strengthened. This will be immensely easier to accomplish if Americans see Riyadh making far more progress on the reform front….
- To pre-order my next political thriller, THE JERUSALEM ASSASSIN, please click here.
- NOW AVAILABLE: To buy your own copy of THE PERSIAN GAMBLE — my latest political thriller about the U.S., Israel, the UAE and Saudi Arabia trying to thwart a plot by Iran to buy nuclear weapons from North Korea — in hardcover, e-book, large print, or audio formats, please click here.
- On August 15th, I’ll be speaking in Denver. Learn more and register today by clicking here.
- In September, Lynn and I will be hosting a special cruise of New England and Canada with The Joshua Fund. Learn more and register today while we still have a few cabins left.
- Would you like to make a secure, tax deductible investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net)? This is the non-profit organization that my wife, Lynn, and I founded in 2006 to educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, to strengthen the Church in the Epicenter, to preach the Gospel and teach the Word of God, to care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, and care for Syrian and Iraqi refugees and others. The Joshua Fund is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Please click here to learn more. Thanks so much.