(Jerusalem, Israel) — What are some of the key events that will be happening here in Israel and throughout the region in the week ahead? And what are some key events you may have missed from last week? Here’s an inside look.
- Monday, October 28 — White House Senior Advisor Jared Kushner is in Israel today. He is expected to meet in Jerusalem with Prime Minister Netanyahu, then separately with former IDF chief of Staff Benny Gantz. Joining Kushner is Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and other administration officials. Among the topics for discussion: the (apparently) soon-coming roll-out of the Trump Peace Plan. (see report in The Jerusalem Post)
- All week — Israeli Blue & White Party leader Benny Gantz and his team continue coalition negotiations to form a new government. The clock is ticking. Gantz has only 23 days left, and little progress has been made so far.)
- Tuesday, October 29 — The “Davos In The Desert” Conference on energy, technology and investment begins at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Senior Saudi officials will speak, as will CEOs and investment bankers from around the world. Senior Trump administration officials expected to attend include Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, Energy Secretary Rick Perry, White House senior adviser Jared Kushner, and former Treasury undersecretary David Malpass, who now serves as the president of the World Bank. The Prime Minister of India is also expected to speak, as is the President of Brazil. The conference will run through Thursday, October 31. (see “scoop” — including day-to-day schedule — from Axios)
- Sunday, November 3 — The 3rd annual Christian Media Summit, organized and hosted by Israel’s Government Press Office, kicks off in Jerusalem with gala event at the Friends of Zion Museum. Speakers include Prime Minister Netanyahu and US Ambassador to Israel David Friedman. Christian journalists, broadcasters, authors and media executives from all over the world will attend. Invitation only. (see Summit website)
- Monday, November 4 — Christian Media Summit, Day Two. I am scheduled to be one of the speakers at the Summit, held at The Orient Hotel in Jerusalem. (see Summit website)
- Tuesday, November 5 — Christian Media Summit, Day Three. Attendees will travel to various parts of Israel for on-site tours and lectures. (see Summit website)
- Wednesday, November 6 — Christian Media Summit, Day Four. On the final day of the Summit, attendees will meet with Israeli President Reuven Rivlin at the presidential Residence in Jerusalem. (see Summit website)
What Might I Have Missed Last Week?
- Yesterday was International Religious Freedom Day. (see statement by Secretary Pompeo)
- Over the weekend, the leader of ISIS was tracked down and killed by US special forces (see Flash Traffic Report)
- Last week, Netanyahu failed to form a government and the mandate passed to rival Benny Gantz (see Flash Traffic Report)
- Last week, Turkey invaded northern Syria, the Kurds felt abandoned by the US, and some prominent Evangelical leaders expressed frustration with President Trump (see Flash Traffic Report)
- Last week, Saudi Arabia appointed a new Foreign Minister — Prince Faisal Bin Farhan Al Saud. (see report and brief profile in Gulf News)
- Early on Sunday morning, Israelis turned our clocks back an hour. We are now six hours ahead of Washington, DC and New York City (not the usual seven.)
Please pray for the peace of Jerusalem, for peace and calm in Syria, for protection for the Kurds, for a new and stable unity government in Israel, for wisdom and mercy on each of the leaders in the region and their families, and for the Church in the Epicenter to be bold and courageous in walking with Jesus, teaching the Word of God and proclaiming the good news.
- To pre-order my next political thriller, THE JERUSALEM ASSASSIN, please click here.
- NOW AVAILABLE: To buy your own copy of THE PERSIAN GAMBLE — my latest political thriller about the U.S., Israel, the UAE and Saudi Arabia trying to thwart a plot by Iran to buy nuclear weapons from North Korea — in hardcover, e-book, large print, or audio formats, please click here.
- Would you like to make a secure, tax deductible investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net)? This is the non-profit organization that my wife, Lynn, and I founded in 2006 to educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, to strengthen the Church in the Epicenter, to preach the Gospel and teach the Word of God, to care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, and care for Syrian and Iraqi refugees and others. The Joshua Fund is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Please click here to learn more. Thanks so much.
You must be logged in to post a comment.