(Jerusalem, Israel) — On Monday, I was honored to address more than 150 Christian journalists, broadcasters, authors and media executives from more than 30 countries who have come to Jerusalem for the Israeli government’s 3rd annual Christian Media Summit.
I briefed the group on two topics:
1. My recent column in The Jerusalem Post calling for the next Israeli government to appoint an Ambassador the Christian community. After making it clear that I’m not interested in the position for myself — just trying to build broad-based support throughout the Israeli political spectrum for the concept — I laid out why we need such a position and how I see some of the key qualifications for the role.
2. How doors are opening for Evangelical leaders — including some from Israel — to build relationships with senior Sunni Arab leaders in the region. I briefly described the Delegations that I’ve led to the Arab world over the past two years and why I’m cautiously optimistic that the prospect for peace between Israel and several of the Gulf States is actually increasing, despite all the naysayers.
To watch the briefing (which runs about 17 minutes), please click here.
- To pre-order my next political thriller, THE JERUSALEM ASSASSIN, please click here.
- NOW AVAILABLE: To buy your own copy of THE PERSIAN GAMBLE — my latest political thriller about the U.S., Israel, the UAE and Saudi Arabia trying to thwart a plot by Iran to buy nuclear weapons from North Korea — in hardcover, e-book, large print, or audio formats, please click here.
- Would you like to make a secure, tax deductible investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net)? This is the non-profit organization that my wife, Lynn, and I founded in 2006 to educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, to strengthen the Church in the Epicenter, to preach the Gospel and teach the Word of God, to care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, and care for Syrian and Iraqi refugees and others. The Joshua Fund is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Please click here to learn more. Thanks so much.
You must be logged in to post a comment.