U.S. Senators John McCain, Joe Lieberman, John Thune and John Barrasso arrived in Israel this weekend for private talks with Israeli leaders….McCain came from time spent in Lebanon…tonight, the Senators held a press conference at the David Citadel Hotel in Jerusalem and criticized the Obama administration for threatening to cancel loan guarantees to Israel if she doesn’t knuckle under in the peace process….developing…
(Jerusalem, Israel) — Hamas terrorists have launched more than 20 rockets and mortars at southern Israel from Gaza since Thursday. Hamas targets in retaliation. It’s not immediately why we’re seeing a spike of violence from Gaza now after a very quiet year. It could be part of the “anniversary” of Operation Cast Lead last January. It could be that Hamas is trying to provoke a new massive Israeli response to scuttle a deal for Gilad Shalit (and/or to show Hamas’ toughness even though it has been negotiating behind the scenes with Israel). It’s simply not clear at the moment. But please pray for peace on that border and for the Lord to comfort innocent civilians on both sides.
HEADLINES TO TRACK:
- Ahmadinejad: Iran and Syria to create “new world order”
- U.S. Has Contingency Plan for Dealing With Iran, Petraeus Says
- U.S. to store $800m in military gear in Israel
- Can Hamas be stopped from seizing the West Bank?
- Obama official suggests in PBS interview U.S. could cut off aid to Israel if progress isn’t made on peace talks with Palestinians; White House insists remark wasn’t a threat
- Israel to build security wall along Egyptian border