Might an American President become so consumed with completing an Israeli-Palestinian peace treaty for his own political legacy that he is blindsided by ISIS terrorist attacks he doesn’t see coming?
Is it possible that a President could be repeatedly warned by people around him that ISIS is a real and growing threat to the American people and to our close allies in the Middle East and Europe, yet rather than focus on crushing ISIS would instead pressure Israel to divide Jerusalem and be pushed back to the pre-1967 borders, indefensible though they are?
These are plot lines from my new political thriller, The Third Target, but one might be forgiven if they feel like recent headlines.
In preparing for the release of the book, we commissioned a national poll by McLaughlin & Associates, a respected American polling firm. Last week, the Washington Examiner published some of the results, including the stunning finding that 74% of Americans fear ISIS will launch a “catastrophic terror attack” inside the U.S. homeland if the West does not take decisive action to defeat them in the Middle East.
This morning, we’re releasing more details from that exclusive survey. Consider the answer to this question:
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: “For the past six years, President Obama’s relationship with Israel has been strained at best. He and his advisors don’t simply disagree with Israeli policies. They seem to have a visceral dislike for the Israel’s leaders. Recently, a senior White House official used a vulgar term to describe the Prime Minister of Israel to a reporter. I believe we are watching a train wreck in U.S.-Israeli relations, and after the mid-term elections – when the President no longer faces elections — I am worried that President Obama will abandon Israel and turn U.S. policy harshly against her”?
- 47.4% of Americans said they agree
- 38.4% said they disagree
- 14.2% said they don’t know or refused to answer
- How serious is the threat of ISIS & Radical Islam? I’m doing a special simulcast event for churches on Sunday evening, April 19th. Please register today.
- In face of genocide, too many in Washington complacent about defeating ISIS: Video of my Fox News interview with Shannon Bream on #TheThirdTarget.
- “Nightmare scenario”: What happens if ISIS attacks Jordan? Gov. Huckabee asked me this on FoxNews this weekend. Here’s the video of our discussion.
- Exclusive new poll: Americans fear “catastrophic terrorist attacks” by ISIS inside US, Israel & Jordan. “Washington Examiner” reports results of survey commissioned for launch of #TheThirdTarget.