“If My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land….” (2 Chronicles 7:14)
Recently, I wrote on this blog that “America is on the wrong track. Almost 7 in 10 people believe this. Only 26% of Americans think we’re going in the right direction. In fact, only 37% believe America’s best days are still ahead of us. And the situation is growing critical. We’re not just in a season of decline. We are facing implosion.Washington cannot fix all that ails us. We need to humble ourselves and pray like we’ve never prayed before.”
Yes, we need leaders in Washington and the media and the business world and academia and throughout society to turn to the Lord and serve Him with all their heart, soul, mind and strength. But we cannot wait for the politicians and pundits to get it right. We must start with ourselves. Revival begins inside the Church.
Yesterday, Christians all over the United States began nine days of repentance and prayer for revival in America — May 15th through the 23rd. I’m grateful to my friend, Anne Graham Lotz, for calling for this urgent time of intercession. I join her in asking the Lord to have mercy on this country we love so much, this country that is currently headed in the exact wrong direction. Would you join us, as well?
- May the Lord wake up and purify His Church, and give us a new hunger and thirst for righteousness and a new longing to walk closely with Him in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- May He give followers of Jesus Christ a deep new compassion for the poor and vulnerable.
- May He grant believers a new boldness to preach the Gospel and teach the Word.
- May He give us all a new determination to make disciples of all nations, in accordance with Matthew 28:18-20.
- May He grant His Church a new humility to love and serve and comfort people who feel so burdened and alone.
- May He reveal the true identity of His Son Jesus Christ to those who don’t know Him yet and adopt millions of them into His family and His kingdom.
Here is the letter Anne posted online and has sent to people all over the country. Please take time to read it and share it with others. Thank you, and God bless you, and may God mercy on this country we love so dearly.
“For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now…Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He saved them from their distress.” Matthew 24:21 / Psalm 107:19
This past Spring, Joel Rosenberg and I taught through the book of Joel as we led a prophecy seminar at The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove. It was my privilege to give the first two messages that covered Joel 1:1 through Joel 2:17. The impact on me was profound. Both times, when I stepped off of the platform, I knew God had spoken. The messages almost made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Why? Because God was clearly warning that His judgment is coming on America and on our world, and it’s going to be ugly. I knew it then, and I know it now.
I believe Jesus is soon to return to take all of His followers to Heaven with Him in what is referred to as The Rapture. While this will be deliverance for His people, can you imagine the impact on our nation, let alone the world, when suddenly every single authentic Christian disappears?
Institutions will collapse. Banks will close. The Stock Market will plunge. Planes will fall out of the sky. Cars will crash on the road. Government in America at every level will disintegrate. Families will be torn apart. In the unprecedented turmoil, our nation will be vulnerable for our enemies to seize the moment and attack us. There will be mass chaos, confusion, fear, grief, despair, anger, threats, danger… judgment.
But just as God allowed the Israelites, His people, to go through three of the ten plagues He sent in judgment on Pharaoh and Egypt in Exodus 6-8, God may allow His people today to go through a time of distress and trouble before The Rapture takes place. I believe we are in that time now. I believe it’s time to not just pray. It’s time to cry out to God on behalf of our nation and our world.
MAYDAY! MAYDAY! is an international distress call that signals a life-threatening emergency. And it’s the call to cry out that I am issuing May 15-May 23. These are the nine days between the Day of the Ascension of Jesus and the Day of Pentecost that have Biblically and traditionally been days of prayer and fasting for an outpouring of God’s Spirit.
The purpose of MAYDAY! MAYDAY! is …
* To claim God our Father’s promise of an outpouring of His Spirit in these days following three blood moons and a total solar eclipse: …I will pour out my Spirit in those days …The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. Joel 2:29, 31
* To implore God the Holy Spirit to compel the church to repent of sin and our nation to return to faith in the living God, that times of refreshing may come… Acts 3:19
* To entreat God our Savior for an abundant harvest of souls for His Kingdom in the remaining days. Do you not say, ‘Four months more and then the harvest’? ¹ I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. John 4:35
* To delay or soften God’s judgment that is coming on America and on our world. Who knows? He may turn and have pity and leave behind a blessing. Joel 2:13-14
For those who sign up, I will provide a prayer I have written personally for each of the 9 days, as well as a brief video message, so that we pray with one accord. Before it’s too late and judgment falls on our nation.
Anne Graham Lotz
You must be logged in to post a comment.