(Virginia Beach, Virginia) — The following is an article published by CBN News:
President Barack Obama’s decision to pass on meeting Jordan’s King Abdullah is a sign that the president doesn’t understand the Middle East or how to fight radical Islam, author and Middle East expert Joel Rosenberg told CBN News.
Jordan is a key U.S. ally in the Middle East and the fight against the Islamic State. Abdullah is in Washington this week, but Obama, who will give his final State of the Union Address tonight, has declined to meet with him citing “scheduling conflicts,” according to a report by The Times of Israel.
“He had time for Matt Lauer this morning on the ‘Today Show.’ You know, I mean, carve out 15 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour with our main ally in the most dangerous fight that we are in right now,” he continued. “This just goes to the heart of it, if you understand Islam, if you understand the Middle East, then meet with your allies.”
A White House official said the two leaders will meet “in the near future,” according to The Times report.
Abdullah met with Vice President Joe Biden Tuesday and Secretary of State John Kerry and Secretary of Defense Ash Carter on Monday.
The Times reports Abdullah and Kerry held talks about defeating the Islamic State and reviving peace talks between the Israelis and the Palestinians. That discussion included conversations about the Temple Mount and ongoing disputes between parties on both sides.
A Pentagon spokesman said Carter told Abdullah he deeply appreciates Jordan’s help in countering the Islamic State.
The Islamic State has conquered large parts of Iraq and Syria and proclaimed itself a caliphate. The radical Islamic army has attacked and killed religious minorities and turned women into sex slaves.
[To watch the full segment of my comments on the President’s snub of King Abdullah II, please click here]
- Order The First Hostage today — it’s now available in hardcover, e-book and audio formats.
- FACT SHEET: The Iranian leadership’s Apocalyptic Beliefs
- FACT SHEET: The Islamic State’s Apocalyptic Beliefs
- What the next US president will need to know about Iran and Islamic State. (my column in The Jerusalem Post)
- Subscribe (free) to the RSS feed (click here) and receive every new posting on this blog directly via email.
- Order THE THIRD TARGET today , the first in this new series — now out in paperback — the New York Times best-selling novel about ISIS capturing chemical weapons in Syria and plotting genocidal attacks.
- Make an investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net), our non-profit organization to help Christians care for Syrian refugees, educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, and strengthen the Church in the epicenter. Read our latest Donor Report, and make a tax deductible, secure, on-line contribution before the end of the year.
- Follow on Twitter — @joelcrosenberg
You must be logged in to post a comment.