It’s not public yet, but the Pentagon has just delivered to the President and his national security team the beginnings of a comprehensive new strategy to defeat the Islamic State and other Mideast terrorist organizations.
The president requested the first draft of such a plan within 30 days of his inauguration.
While most of the plan will remain classified, I’m eager to learn as much as possible about how Mattis and his generals plan to press the offensive.
Will the President gives us a sneak peak of his ISIS war strategy in his address to a Joint Session of Congress tonight?
However, what’s critical is not just the Pentagon’s kinetic war plan. What we also need is a new plan from the State Department and National Security Council on how to conduct far more effective strategic communications in this war.
- What’s the best way for Washington to define our enemy?
- Is “Radical Islam” an effective or offensive short-hand descriptor?
- Is “Radical Islamism” a somewhat more precise and thus better term?
- Why is using the term “countering violent extremism” a flawed phrase?
- How can the new administration do a better job than the previous administration in educating the American people as to the important nuances of this fight?
- How can we work more closely with our Sunni Arab allies such as Jordan, Egypt, Morocco and the Gulf states?
- How can we mobilize the vast majority of the Muslim world that does not support terrorism in our efforts to defeat the radicals?
I’ll address such critical issues soon as I launch the book tour for my new thriller. Without Warning is about an administration that is blindsided by a series of catastrophic terror attacks by ISIS inside the American homeland, even using chemical weapons. Let’s pray that never happens.
For now, let me just say that I’ve been quite encouraged by the national security team that President Trump has put into place. I’m especially encouraged by the new National Security Advisor, General H.R. McMaster, who is giving serious thought to the best way to communicate the fight.
Articles worth reading:
- Pentagon chief presented counter-ISIS plan to White House (AP/Fox News)
- Pentagon Spokesman Discusses ISIS Preliminary Plan, Budget Amendment (Defense Department)
- New NSC chief pushed Trump to moderate his language on terrorism (Politico)
- Chairman of the Joint Chiefs General Dunford Discusses Strategy, Threats at Brookings Event
- You can now pre-order Without Warning in hardcover, e-book and audio formats on Amazon, B&N, or any general market or Christian bookstore. It will release on March 14, 2017. Click here.
- Order The First Hostage today — the second in this series of political thriller about genocidal ISIS leaders plotting a terrorist attacks against Israel, Jordan and the United States — available in paperback, hardcover, e-book and audio formats.
- Order THE THIRD TARGET today , the first in this trilogy — now out in paperback.
- Would you like to make a secure, tax deductible investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net)? This is the non-profit organization Lynn and I founded in 2006 to educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, to care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, care for Syrian and Iraqi refugees, and strengthen the Church in the epicenter. The Joshua Fund is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Please click here to learn more. Thanks so much!
- Click here to read the 2016 Joshua Fund Donor Report — and watch the short videos, as well
- Subscribe (free) to the RSS feed (click here) and receive every new posting on this blog directly via email.
You must be logged in to post a comment.