(New York City) — Do Americans believe we are winning or losing the war against the Islamic State? Do they believe ISIS will launch terror attacks inside the homeland? Do they believe ISIS might even try to use weapons of mass destruction? And do they believe we are at war with the religion of Islam, or just a subset of extremists that could be best described as the forces of “radical Islam”?
These are the very questions and themes I explore in my new thriller, Without Warning, just released this week. But as we prepared for the book launch, I asked my publisher if we could commission an exclusive national survey to better understand how Americans view the actual war against the Islamic State.
Tyndale House readily agreed, so we turned to McLaughlin & Associates, a respected U.S. polling firm who clients have included U.S. Senators and Congressmen, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and the Trump campaign.
The results we found were sobering — Americans believe we’re losing to ISIS.
- This morning, FoxNews.com published a column of mine — “Are We Winning Or Losing The War Against ISIS?” — in which I examine the latest intelligence, and reveal some of the polling data. You can read the full column by clicking here.
- We have published a detailed polling memo so you can see all the questions we asked, the results, the methodology, and many of the cross-tabs. You can read the polling memo by clicking here.
- We have also issued a press released explaining the poll. You can read the full press release by clicking here.
UPDATE: Two federal judges in the last 24 hours have shot down the President’s Executive Order temporarily restricting travelers wanting to enter the U.S. from six countries with a history of terrorism. This is not a Muslim ban. The order simply creates a delay until U.S. federal agencies can review and improve vetting procedures to make sure we’re not allowing terrorists to enter America. Given the very real terrorist threat that ISIS and other militant Islamist states and groups pose to the U.S., the President’s actions are sound and warranted. The first so called “travel ban” order was seriously flawed. I called for it to be withdrawn, and I’m glad it was. The second Executive Order was much better and certainly Constitutional. The leftist judicial attempt to prevent the Commander-in-Chief from protecting the American people is outrageous and a dangerous overreach of judicial power.
Here are some excerpts from my Fox News column:
- President Donald Trump has made the defeat of the Islamic State one of his administration’s top priorities – and rightly so.
- He has asked the Pentagon for a comprehensive new war plan. On March 22-23, his Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, will host foreign ministers from 68 countries to discuss how to significantly improve our combined efforts to crush ISIS once and for all. In April, Mr. Trump and Vice President Pence will reportedly host a summit for Sunni Arab leaders towards the same end.
- It is useful, therefore, to consider the question: at present, are we winning or losing the war against the Islamic State?….
- Only one-in-three Americans believe “the U.S. and our allies are winning the war against the Islamic State and getting safer every day.”
- A remarkable 41 percent believe “the U.S. and our allies are losing the war against the Islamic State and the threat to our safety is growing.”
- Fully one-in-four say they had no idea if we’re winning or not.
- We also found that almost seven-in-ten Americans (68%) said they “fear catastrophic terrorist attacks by ISIS are coming to the U.S. homeland, possibly involving chemical or biological weapons.”….
- President Trump is absolutely right to ask his advisors to design and execute a war plan that will achieve victory, and significantly improve homeland security policies to keep the American people safe from attack. ISIS is coming. God forbid we let ourselves be blindsided.
- Without Warning is now available in hardcover, e-book and audio formats from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, CBD, Lifeway, and your favorite general market and Christian bookstores. To order online, please click here.
- For details on the book tour, please click here.
- Would you like to make a secure, tax deductible investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net)? This is the non-profit organization Lynn and I founded in 2006 to educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, to care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, care for Syrian and Iraqi refugees, and strengthen the Church in the epicenter. The Joshua Fund is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Please click here to learn more. Thanks so much!
- Click here to read the 2016 Joshua Fund Donor Report — and watch the short videos, as well
- Subscribe (free) to the RSS feed (click here) and receive every new posting on this blog directly via email.
You must be logged in to post a comment.