(Dallas, Texas) — Just two months into the Trump-Pence administration, we are seeing a very aggressive and encouraging new approach to the war against the Islamic State.
- The President has asked the Pentagon for a comprehensive new strategy. Mr. Trump is telling Secretary Mattis and the generals that he doesn’t simply want to fight ISIS — he wants to crush it and win a decisive victory.
- The President is pushing his homeland security team to step up efforts to protect the American people from the threat of ISIS attacks and secure America’s borders. Liberal judges in Washington, Hawaii and Maryland are trying to block him, but the Commander-in-Chief dare not surrender to them. He needs to stay focused everyday on protecting the homeland. Last year alone, 37 people were arrested in the U.S. on ISIS-related plots. The threat is real. We must be vigilant.
- The President is rightly and wisely reaching out to our Arab Muslim allies. I’m so grateful for an improved US-Israeli alliance. But to defeat ISIS, we also need a broad Muslim coalition. That’s why I’m encouraged that the President met this week with Iraqi Prime Minister Haider Abadi to discuss how to finish the job of liberating and securing northern Iraq and protecting Muslims, Christians and Yazidis there. Last week, he met with the Saudi Deputy Crown Prince to discuss defeating ISIS. He recently met with Jordan’s King Abdullah II. In early April, he will meet with Egyptian President el-Sisi.
- Today, the Trump Administration has gathered foreign ministers from 68 nations in Washington to discuss how to work together more closely to defeat ISIS. Secretary of State Tillerson will take the lead in these meetings. There will also be lots of side meetings, all focused on developing a more effective strategy to win.
These are positive developments. But more is needed. ISIS wants to launch a series of catastrophic attacks inside the homeland. That’s what my new novel, WITHOUT WARNING, is all about. The President and his team need to work hard and stay focused to make sure this novel never comes to pass.
- This morning, FoxNews.com published a column of mine — “Are We Winning Or Losing The War Against ISIS?” — in which I examine the latest intelligence, and reveal some of the polling data. You can read the full column by clicking here.
- We have published a detailed polling memo so you can see all the questions we asked, the results, the methodology, and many of the cross-tabs. You can read the polling memo by clicking here.
- We have also issued a press released explaining the poll. You can read the full press release by clicking here.