(Washington, D.C.) — Here’s what we know so far:
- Five people wounded, reports the NYT and CNN
- House Majority Whip Scalise was hit — airlifted to G.W. Hospital in D.C. and now in stable condition.
- Two Capitol Police officers reportedly shot.
- The gunman was also shot in return fire and is in custody.
- Reports of at least 60 shots fired.
- Security being tightened around White House and the Capitol.
- VP Pence cancelled a morning speech and was rushed back to the White House.
- Investigation underway.
- Please pray for Rep. Scalise and the others hit.
- Let’s be grateful for the Capitol Police who saved many lives by their quick and professional response.
“House Majority Whip Steve Scalise was among at least two people shot Wednesday morning during a GOP baseball practice at an Alexandria, Virginia, ball field,” reports NBC News. “He was in stable condition, said two different senior-level GOP aides. One source said the Republican lawmaker was wounded in the hip area. ”
“Two sources said at least one Capitol Police officer was also shot,” noted the NBC report. “Police confirmed in tweets that it was investigating reports of a ‘multiple shooting’ and that the suspect was ‘in custody’ and ‘not a threat.’ The victims were being rushed to the hospital.”
Politico reports: “Katie Filous, a 29-year-old resident of Alexandria’s Old Town section, said she had just gotten out of her car to take her four dogs to the park when someone on the ballfield screamed, ‘Everybody get down! Someone has a rifle!’ She said a woman who looked like a security guard or a Secret Service member pulled out a handgun and shot at the man.”
Developing….I’ll post more as additional facts become known. For the latest, please follow me on Twitter.
Without Warning — my new thriller about ISIS operatives launching catastrophic terrorist attacks inside the U.S. using chemical weapons captured in Syria, and the hunt for the ISIS leader by a secret coalition of Israel, Egypt, Jordan and the UAE — is now available in hardcover, e-book and audio formats from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, CBD, Lifeway, and your favorite general market and Christian bookstores. To order online, please click here.
- Pastors and ministry leaders: to begin planning your own tour of Israel in July 2018 that allows you to bring your people to the Epicenter Prayer Summit, please click here.
- Lay people: to learn more about The Joshua Fund’s next tour of Israel and attend the Epicenter Prayer Summit in Jerusalem — and to register while there is still space — please click here.
- Would you like to make a secure, tax deductible investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net)? This is the non-profit organization that my wife, Lynn, and I founded in 2006 to educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, to care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, care for Syrian and Iraqi refugees, and strengthen the Church in Israel, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iraq and Egypt. The Joshua Fund is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Please click here to learn more. Thanks so much!
- Click here to read the 2016 Joshua Fund Donor Report — and watch the short videos, as well
- Subscribe (free) to the RSS feed (click here) and receive every new posting on this blog directly via email.
You must be logged in to post a comment.