(Jerusalem, Israel) — This week, the U.S. convened a summit in the Polish capital of Warsaw that was important, and possibly historic, for three reasons:
- First, Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu and Arab Foreign Ministers met together, sat together, ate together, worked together, and even did a photo-op together.
- Second, leaders from at least 60 countries — including Israel and the Arabs — agreed Iran is the number one threat and the best way to counter Iran is to work more closely together.
- Third, the U.S. indicated it will finally unveil its blueprint for a final, comprehensive Israeli-Palestinian peace plan after the Israeli elections in April.
As I’ve been reporting for several years now, intelligence and security cooperation — particularly against Iran — has been underway between Israel and her Sunni Arab neighbors for quite some time, but almost all of it has been purposefully kept hidden.
This week, it came out into the sunlight.
“The winds of change [are being] felt across the Middle East,” Vice President Pence said in his address to the summit, noting numerous examples.
I’ll be discussing these issues more as I release my new thriller, The Persian Gamble, on March 12th.
For now, though, I’d encourage you to read carefully through the following articles, or at the very least, browse these extraordinary headlines:
- Vice President Mike Pence: “The greatest threat to peace and security in the Middle East is the Islamic Republic of Iran.” (full text of VP’s remarks, White House)
- Iran could get nuclear weapon within two years, intel assessments find (Jerusalem Post)
- U.S. meeting on Middle East brings together Israel, Gulf Arab states (Reuters)
- Arab message from Warsaw: No Palestinian veto power over Israel contacts (Jerusalem Post)
- Veteran peace hands see growing Israeli-Arab alignment in Warsaw (Al-Monitor)
- Leaked video offers glimpse of emerging Israel-Arab alliance (Israel Hayom)
- In clip leaked by PMO, Arab ministers seen defending Israel, attacking Iran (Times of Israel)
- Palestinians say Warsaw talks “normalize” Israeli occupation (Arab News)
- Pence Accuses Europe of Busting Sanctions Against ‘Murderous’ Iran (Wall Street Journal)
- Israel, Gulf States commend Kushner’s peace effort — U.S. Mideast blueprint to be divulged after Israeli elections in April (Wall Street Journal)
- PRE-ORDER — To pre-order a copy of THE PERSIAN GAMBLE in hardcover, e-book or audio formats, please click here.
- To order a copy of The Kremlin Conspiracy — the New York Times best-selling political thriller, now available in paperback, hardcover, e-book and audio formats — please click here, or order from any of your favorite general market or Christian bookstores.
- To order copies of the new mass market paperbacks of the J.B. Collins novels — my most recent trilogy of novels about ISIS plotting attacks on the U.S., Israel, Jordan and Egypt — please click here.
- Would you like to make a tax-deductible investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.com)? This is the non-profit organization that my wife, Lynn, and I founded in 2006 to educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus — to teach the Word of God, encourage pastors, care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, care for Syrian and Iraqi refugees, and in many other ways strengthen the Church in the Epicenter. The Joshua Fund is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Please click here to learn more. Thanks so much!
- Visit Joel’s website at www.joelrosenberg.com.
- Sign up to get every blog Joel writes delivered immediately to you by email — just click here and enter your email address in the RSS feed section (see top right-hand section of the blog’s homepage.
You must be logged in to post a comment.