Tensions with the Iranian regime continue to heat up, and at the moment a U.S. military confrontation with Tehran seems increasingly likely.
On June 23rd, I asked, “Do the mullahs and ayatollahs in Iran want a war with the U.S.? Or do they believe the current American President is likely to follow the way of most presidents for the last several decades and back down in the face of Iranian aggression? I wish the mounting tensions were nothing more than the fiction of my latest thriller, The Persian Gamble. But the situation in real-life is actually becoming very serious.”
At the time, I provided a detailed list of Iranian provocations and American responses. Much has happened since then. Here are the latest headlines:
- July 11 — Iranian boats attempted to seize a British tanker in the Strait of Hormuz (CNN)
- July 19 — Britain says Iran seizes two oil tankers in Gulf (Reuters)
- July 19 — Iran seizes a British oil tanker and a Liberian vessel, U.K. foreign secretary says (AP)
- July 19 — Trump: U.S. warship destroyed Iranian drone in the Strait of Hormuz (Fox News)
- July 20 — Iran says its seizure of British ship a ‘reciprocal’ move (AP)
- July 20 — Pentagon to deploy 500 troops to Saudi Arabia as tensions with Iran escalate (Washington Examiner)
- July 22 — Oil prices jump after Iran seizes British tanker (Reuters)
What exactly is Iran trying to accomplish? I discussed this last Thursday in Washington with CBN News. Click here to watch the video, which runs almost five minutes. (I also discussed my speech at the State Department’s conference on advancing religious freedom. To read the full text of the speech, please click here.)
Also, please note that on August 15th, I’ll speaking in Denver on the topic, “Forty Years After The Revolution In Iran: What Does The Future Hold For Iran, Israel & The Arab World?” Please register today and be sure to join us.
Meanwhile, please pray for calm and stability in the Gulf region. No one wants another war in the Middle East, if it can be avoided.
- To pre-order my next political thriller, THE JERUSALEM ASSASSIN, please click here.
- NOW AVAILABLE: To buy your own copy of THE PERSIAN GAMBLE — my latest political thriller about the U.S., Israel, the UAE and Saudi Arabia trying to thwart a plot by Iran to buy nuclear weapons from North Korea — in hardcover, e-book, large print, or audio formats, please click here.
- On August 15th, I’ll be speaking in Denver. Learn more and register today by clicking here.
- In September, Lynn and I will be hosting a special cruise of New England and Canada with The Joshua Fund. Learn more and register today while we still have a few cabins left.
- Would you like to make a secure, tax deductible investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net)? This is the non-profit organization that my wife, Lynn, and I founded in 2006 to educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, to strengthen the Church in the Epicenter, to preach the Gospel and teach the Word of God, to care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, and care for Syrian and Iraqi refugees and others. The Joshua Fund is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Please click here to learn more. Thanks so much.