(Washington, D.C.) — A stunning, encouraging night in British politics.
- Biggest defeat in the history of the British Labour Party
- Biggest victory for conservatives since Thatcher
- Resounding mandate for Johnson to finish Brexit
- Expect a US-UK free trade deal in 2020
- British Jews and Israeli leaders are breathing a huge sigh of relief
“Prime Minister Boris Johnson and his Conservative Party won a commanding majority in the British Parliament, a striking victory that redraws the lines in British politics and paves the way for the country’s exit from the European Union early next year,” reports the New York Times this morning.
“The Conservatives were projected to win 364 seats in the House of Commons, versus 203 for the Labour Party, according to the BBC, with almost all of Parliament’s seats decided,” the Times noted. “That would give the Conservatives about a 75-seat majority, their largest since that amassed by Margaret Thatcher in 1987.”
- Read Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s victory speech
- Jeremy Corbyn will not lead his party into the next election (Jerusalem Post)
- Netanyahu, Rivlin congratulate Johnson on reelection, say it will boost Israel’s ties with the UK (Times of Israel)
- UK Jews and Israelis fete defeat of “anti-Semite” Corbyn (Times of Israel)
- After Corbyn loss, British Minister says UK Jews “shouldn’t have to live in fear again” (Times of Israel)
- UK general election 2019: EU prepares for Brexit hardball (BBC)
- To pre-order my next thriller for family and friends for Christmas, THE JERUSALEM ASSASSIN, please click here.
- To buy Christmas copies of THE PERSIAN GAMBLE in paperback for family and friends, please click here.
- Give your family a trip to Israel & Egypt for Christmas! Join Lynn and me on The Joshua Fund’s “Prayer & Vision Trip” next October. Here are all the details and prices. Register today!
- To read The Joshua Fund 2019 Donor Report online, please click here.
- Would you like to make a year-end, secure, tax deductible investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net)? Come help us educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, strengthen the Church in the Epicenter, preach the Gospel, teach the Word of God, care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, and care for Syrian and Iraqi refugees and others. The Joshua Fund is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Please click here to learn more. Thanks so much.