(Washington, D.C.) — This morning, Fox News published a column I wrote analyzing the initial results of the Israeli elections. Here are a few excerpts.
You can read the full op-ed by clicking here.
Israeli election results show Netanyahu had a big night, but was it enough?
By Joel C. Rosenberg
Enough already: after three rounds of elections in just twelve months, Israel urgently needs a fully functioning and stable government, not a paralyzed, caretaker one.
Incredibly, given the inconclusive results of yesterday’s vote, some Israeli politicians and pundits are already talking of a possible fourth round of elections.
Israeli voters are sending a clear and consistent message. We aren’t giving full power to either the right or left wing blocs for a reason.
We want true statesmen to step up and form a broad-based national unity government that will put the needs of the nation ahead of petty and exhausting partisanship.
The reasons are obvious.
We see grave and rising threats from Iran and terrorist organizations like Hezbollah, Hamas, al Qaeda, ISIS and others. We see rockets continuing to be fired at us from Gaza and know that the prospect of a third war with Lebanon is steadily growing.
At the same time, we see historic, once-in-a-lifetime opportunities emerging. It’s clear that Israel has the chance to forge better relations – and possibly full-blown peace treaties and trade relationships – not with the Palestinian leadership (unfortunately), but with Gulf states like Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, Oman and Saudi Arabia.
Meanwhile, we realize that President Trump is the most pro-Israel leader in American history and that we must seize the moment to work with him to further strengthen the U.S.-Israel strategic alliance and advance regional peace while we have the chance.
What if Mr. Trump is not in the White House next January? What if he is replaced by Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., the most hostile and anti-Israel presidential candidate to ever emerge as a frontrunner?
As the smoke fades from yesterday’s vote, one thing is clear…..
[To read the full column, please click here]
- To pre-order my next thriller, THE JERUSALEM ASSASSIN, which releases on March 17th, please click here.
- Announcing 9-city book tour — click here to learn more and register to attend one of the events.
- To buy copies of THE PERSIAN GAMBLE in paperback, please click here.
- To buy copies of THE KREMLIN CONSPIRACY in paperback, please click here.
- Give your family a trip to Israel & Egypt in 2020! Join Lynn and me on The Joshua Fund’s “Prayer & Vision Trip” next October. Here are all the details and prices. Register today.
- Would you like to make a secure, tax deductible donation to The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net)? Come help us educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, strengthen the Church in the Epicenter, preach the Good News of God’s love, teach the Word of God, care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, and care for Syrian and Iraqi refugees and others. The Joshua Fund is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Please click here to learn more. Thanks.
You must be logged in to post a comment.