>> Queens Qaeda Plotted Backpack Bombs
>> FBI unit set for more anti-terror raids in Queens; Fears of Madrid-style subway bombings – sources
>> Target of FBI raid suspected to be part of Al Qaeda cell says ‘I’m not a terrorist’
Rumors of a major war between Iran and Israel in 2010 continue to swirl here in Washington and in Jerusalem. But the latest headline from the Jerusalem Post is a particularly chilling one, for it raises the possibility that war may be much closer than previously thought: “We may have to attack Iran by December.”
- “Israel will be compelled to attack Iran’s nuclear facilities if Western powers do not impose serious sanctions against Teheran by the end of 2009, former deputy defense minister Ephraim Sneh said on Wednesday. ‘We cannot live under the shadow of an Iran with nuclear weapons,”‘ he was quoted as telling Reuters in an interview on a visit to the UK. ‘By the end of the year, if there is no agreement on crippling sanctions aimed at this regime, we will have no choice.’
- “Sneh reportedly stressed that a military strike would be ‘the very, very last resort. But ironically it is our best friends and allies who are pushing us into a corner where we would have no option but to do it….I wonder if they will [put a tougher sanctions regime in place] quickly enough. If not, we are compelled to take action.’
- “Sneh, who holds no position in the government and was speaking in his personal capacity, told Reuters it was not clear the US and EU had the decisiveness to take such steps, which should include tougher banking and oil curbs, by year’s end….”
Bible prophecy teaches that “you will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars” in the last days (Matthew 24:6-8), but the Scriptures also encourage us not to be frightened “for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end….All these things are merely the beginning of the birth pangs.”
How should the Church respond to such threats posed by Iran and other Radical Muslims? Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
In Psalm 122:6, the Lord commands us to “pray for the peace of Jerusalem” and we certainly need to do that now more than ever. I would encourage you to gather your family, entire church congregations, small group Bible studies, home fellowship groups, schools, and other organizations to set aside time this week to pray and fast for the Lord to bring true peace to Israel and her neighbors. The situation really is growing more urgent by the day.
At the same time, Jesus said in Matthew 24:44, “you must be ready.” Joshua said in Joshua 1:11, “Get your supplies ready.” The Lord said in Ezekiel 38:7, “Get ready, be prepared.” That can take many forms, but I would ask you to prayerfully consider financially helping The Joshua Fund pre-position food and other relief supplies in Israel ahead of this coming war.
STOCKPILING FOOD — In late 2007, The Joshua Fund made a commitment to help one of our allies stockpile 400 tons of food in a warehouse in northern Israel by the end of 2010. In light of these growing threats of war, we are completing that task by the end of 2009 instead. That means doubling the amount of food we help this ally purchase in the next few months.
OPENING 3 NEW FOOD DISTRIBUTION CENTERS — TJF has just helped open three new food distribution facilities around Israel. Lord willing, these will now operate along with the center we helped get up and running in the Israeli town of Sderot, near the Gaza border, in January during the war with Hamas. Working closely with our Jewish and Christian allies in Israel, we will be able to help distribute 20-30 tons of food and other relief supplies a month to the poor and needy in Israel through these four centers. We will also be working closely with those who run the centers to develop plans to deal with a coming war.
PURCHASING VEHICLES TO DISTRIBUTE RELIEF AID — TJF is preparing to purchase delivery vehicles for each of these centers who have a need for transportation so their staff and volunteers will be able to deliver food and other relief supplies for those who need them most.
PRAYING FOR A WAREHOUSE IN CENTRAL ISRAEL — Over the past year or so, we’ve seen the Lord close the door to three warehouse opportunities. But we continue to pray that the Lord will lead us and guide us to just the right facility. We would be grateful if you would pray with us. A Joshua Fund warehouse in central Israel would enable us to be able to purchase food and other relief supplies in bulk at lower prices, distribute more to those in need, stockpile more for the future, and continue to bless Israel and her neighbors in real and practical ways.
* LEARN: The Inside The Revolution film on DVD is available for 35% off at Barnes & Noble
* PRAY: Sign up for Joel’s email alerts with geopolitical analysis on trends in Israel and the Middle East, Joshua Fund project updates and prayer requests
* GIVE: Would you like to help The Joshua Fund bless Israel and her neighbors with food, clothing, medical supplies and other relief aid, especially as we pray for peace and prepare for the growing possibility of a war with Iran? A gift of $50, $100, $250 or more would make an enormous difference, as would becoming a monthly financial partner. Learn more at www.joshuafund.net.
You must be logged in to post a comment.