Many of you know me as an author, speaker and commentator on events and trends in the Epicenter. But there’s another side to my life, one that I’m very passionate about.
In 2006, my wife, Lynn, and I founded The Joshua Fund, a 501 (c) 3 non-profit ministry to educate and mobilize Christians to “bless Israel and her Arab neighbors in the name of Jesus.” Specifically, we help strengthen the Church in the Middle East so they can….
- preach the Word
- shepherd the flock
- proclaim the Good News
- care for the poor and needy
- comfort widows and orphans
- assist single mothers and their newborn children
- encourage pastors and their wives, and
- train future ministry leaders
From the perspective of our board and staff, The Joshua Fund (TJF) is like a spiritual venture capital fund. TJF comes alongside small but growing and promising congregations and ministries in Israel, the Palestinian Authority (West Bank and Gaza), and five neighboring Arab countries (Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iraq and Egypt) to invest in them with encouragement, prayer, and financial resources, allowing them to plant more seeds of God’s Word and bear more eternal fruit.
From the perspective of donors, TJF is like a ministry mutual fund. Many Christians want to help proclaim the Gospel and grow the Church in the Epicenter, but few have the time to crisscross through the region getting to know hundreds of pastors and their ministries, assessing which ones are theologically on track and walking closely with the Lord and stewarding their resources wisely and bearing real fruit and truly in need of assistance. That makes it hard for individual Christians and even some Christian foundations to know where to invest and how much to invest.
That’s where The Joshua Fund comes in. Our team of experienced and faithful pastors and ministry leaders does careful, prayerful and continual vetting of ministries in Israel and the Arab world and makes recommendations to our senior leadership on where we should invest the precious funds that our donors entrust to us.
In this way, TJF endeavors to act as a trusted resource, helping you maximize the immediate and eternal impact of your charitable giving.
Whether you’re a regular donor, or someone just learning about The Joshua Fund, please read our “2019 Impact Report” to learn more about what we do and the fruit the Lord is bearing through your prayers and financial support.
On behalf of our board and staff, Lynn and I want to thank you so much for you gracious prayers and generous giving. We are deeply humbled and honored to be engaged in this exciting and eternal work together, and we look forward to working side by side together in 2020!
(It would be great if you would share this report with friends and family on social media so they also can get involved with The Joshua Fund, blessing Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus!)
- Give your family a trip to Israel & Egypt — please join Lynn and me on The Joshua Fund’s “Prayer & Vision Trip” next October. Here are all the details and prices. Register today!
• Would you like to make a year-end, secure, tax deductible investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net)? Come help us educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, strengthen the Church in the Epicenter, preach the Gospel, teach the Word of God, care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, and care for Syrian and Iraqi refugees and others. The Joshua Fund is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Please click here to learn more. Thanks so much.